Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:47:20 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 58693 times)

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: JadeRhoden's Journey To A 90+ ATAR
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2019, 12:17:27 pm »
+8
Term 3, Week 8
Its only Tuesday but considering I haven't posed here for a very very long time I thought I should get back into it.
Fun fact about me
This weeks fun fact is that I have a 3 year old rescue greyhound
Subjects
English: Preparing to complete a reading and comparing task on The Secret River and I'm Not Scared
General Maths: I was a way for a few days the other week and missed out on like 4 hours of maths classes and as a result i got 70% on the test :'( :'(
Business Managment: I have a product rebranding assignment due this Thursday
Legal Studies: I had 3 assignments due last week so this week is chill and filled with textbook questions
Biology 3/4: Completing the practical investigation SAC for the last few weeks of Term 3
Psychology: *sarcastically says* Watching Edrolo videos woop woop!
Goals
4.0 GPA: GPA reports come out this Thursday
140 hours (driving) by June 2020/1.5 hrs a week: Havent driven anywhere this week
$15k by December 2020: Havent worked this week
15,000 steps a day: as of midday i have only done 3,168 steps
Plans after vce
Courses: I want to study paramedicine and law (JD) at Monash or MelbUni
Career aspirations: Paramedic, Lawyer, AV Technician (Rigger/Tech)
Gap Year: Considering doing a gap year with the ADF but I'm not sure...Has anyone else done this or known someone whos done this?
Interests
Some of my interests include; surfing, photography and yoga (sounds cliche but ―\_(ツ)_/― )
Extracurriculars
SES: I'm an active SES volunteer; if you dont know what this entails click the spoiler below
What the SES do
Storm Response: Basically if your house is damaged during a storm we will come and complete a temporary repair untill you can get it properly fixed. This might include tarping holes in roofs or propping up walls that are at risk of collapsing as well as removing trees that have falled across roads and houses.
Community Education: Connecting with the community - educating about when to call the SES, and how they can stay prepared for emergencies
Flood Rescue: Rescuing people from flood water, helping people evacuate and sandbagging around buildings if flooding is iminent
Search and rescue: SES are often called upon by the police when someone has gone missing to help search for them
Road Crash Rescue:Extracating patients that have become trapped inside their vehicle as a result of an road accident
Theatre: I also volunteer as a lighting technician with multiple local theatre groups to help put on productions
Joke of the week
Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services.
He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2019, 04:47:28 pm »
4.0 GPA: GPA reports come out this Thursday
Does your school give out regular GPA reports?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2019, 04:51:15 pm »
+2
Does your school give out regular GPA reports?
We get one about week 8 of every term :)
Does your school do this too?
The only thing I'm worried about though is the format - in previous GPA reports they base your GPA on 4 things; Organisation, Behaviour, Effort and Grades
However this coming report will be based on 5 things; self-motivation, work ethic, organisation, resilience and curiosity/inquisitive.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:55:35 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2019, 05:10:10 pm »
+1
Yeah! I think it would be super cool if teachers focused more on work ethic, organisation, resilience ect. and less on the marks for specific tests. Our school has introduced "learning maps" that come with comments about our learning, alongside a grade for each task. We get one learning map for each subject each semester but it is updated throughout.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2019, 05:20:24 pm »
+3
Yeah! I think it would be super cool if teachers focused more on work ethic, organisation, resilience ect. and less on the marks for specific tests. Our school has introduced "learning maps" that come with comments about our learning, alongside a grade for each task. We get one learning map for each subject each semester but it is updated throughout.
Wow, learning maps sound like a really useful way for school focussed self-improvement! Our school introduced "what makes an effective learner" profiles about 12 months ago and are now basing our GPA's on the 5 main things that make someone an effective learner. I think it will be cool to see our GPA's based not only on our grades but rather on how effectively we learn.

Nope, my school has an online portal with our grades for each subject on it as well as other features such as our timetable, websites such as edrolo etc and submissions of assessments. Our parents can check this and we get a report each semester.
It's quite interesting though to see how different schools make their reports in different ways.

That's cool! Yes, I agree that it is definitely interesting seeing how other schools do things!
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2019, 01:33:24 pm »
+4
Term 3, Week 8
Decided its time for a post  8)
Summary
Man i think ive woken up everyday this week and thought it was Friday! I am 110% ready for the term to be overrrr! Any one else like this?
Subject To Do
English: Plan essay for monday & write practice essay
General Maths: Man...i missed like 2 days of school a few weeks ago and i am STRUGGLINGGG to catch up  COMPLETE EX. 9A TO 9G
Business Managment: Chapter 13 Questions
Legal Studies: Complete two civil case studies & prepare for remedies SAC
Biology 3/4: Complete SAC & Notes
Psychology: Finish watching edrolo
Goals
4.0 GPA: I currently have a 3.6 GPA :(
140 hours (driving) by June 2020/1.5 hrs a week: Havent driven anywhere this week
$15k by December 2020: Working 10 hours this week
15,000 steps a day: as of midday i have only done 6,393 steps
Extracurriculars
SES: Doing a PR event today!!
Joke of the week
If a child refuses to sleep during nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?
— VCE —

— University —

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2019, 02:29:52 pm »
+1
Term 3, Week 8
Decided its time for a post  8)
Summary
Man i think ive woken up everyday this week and thought it was Friday! I am 110% ready for the term to be overrrr! Any one else like this?
Subject To Do
English: Plan essay for monday & write practice essay
General Maths: Man...i missed like 2 days of school a few weeks ago and i am STRUGGLINGGG to catch up  COMPLETE EX. 9A TO 9G
Business Managment: Chapter 13 Questions
Legal Studies: Complete two civil case studies & prepare for remedies SAC
Biology 3/4: Complete SAC & Notes
Psychology: Finish watching edrolo
Goals
4.0 GPA: I currently have a 3.6 GPA :(
$15k by December 2020: Working 10 hours this week
15,000 steps a day: as of midday i have only done 6,393 steps
Extracurriculars
SES: Doing a PR event today!!
Joke of the week
If a child refuses to sleep during nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?

YES i can't wait for this term to be over!
Honeslty the teachers at my school have decided to ambush me and now i have like multiple SACS happening next week  :'(
Also i know how u feel about catchin up ! I missed like one lesson of bio and now i feel like i'm learning a completely different subject lol.

Anyways great update, nearly near the finish line (for this term)

;)
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2019, 03:11:25 pm »
+3
Also i know how u feel about catchin up ! I missed like one lesson of bio and now i feel like i'm learning a completely different subject lol.
MOOD
I missed three days and my class covered two whole topics!

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2019, 08:56:05 pm »
+2
Yep

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2019, 04:54:05 pm »
+5
Lately I've been majorly lacking in the motivation department - I am OVER year 11 and I just want it to be the summer holidays!!
HURRY UP SUMMER
So I was reading back through my journey journal and trying to find motivation and I found the goals I set in March - one of them being raw 40 in Bio HAHAHAH what a cracker...I don't think it's possible to get that with my terrible SAC scores but I really really really wanna be dux in year 12 so im aiming for that sweet sweet 99 ATAR.

Black writing = not changed
Red writing = revised and edited

Goal 1: 99+ ATAR
Goal 1: 99+ ATAR

- 95% on all 3 & 4 SAC's and Exams
- 2 Practice Exams a week
- Study 6 hours per 3 & 4 subject per week

Goal 2: 4.0 GPA
Goal 2: 4.0 GPA
- Attend ALL classes
   - Complete all work BEFORE due date
   - Participate in class discussions
   - Study 4 hours per subject per week
I will know I've completed my goal when Term 2 interim reports are posted June 28th 2019

Goal 3: Raw 35 Bio Study Score
Goal 3: Raw 35 Biology Study Score

- 95% on Exam
- Do 20 practice Exams
- Study 6 hours per 3 & 4 subject per week

Alas I'm not more motivated and i have a stack of Bio practice exams and  Business and Maths homework to do.
If anyone could direct me to advise me of something motivational that would be amazing.

Also how hard is LOTE by correspondence in Year 12 if you have a general knowledge of the language??? I don't think I wanna do HHD tbhhhhh is HHD any good????
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:49:05 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Nature

• Trailblazer
  • 忍耐が成功の鍵です ❀
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2019, 05:18:43 pm »
+6
You have some great goals but obviously it is easily said than done. In regards of a LOTE in Year 12, having a general knowledge is not enough if you are wanting to achieve a high score in my opinion. But if you are willing to put in the work, depending on the LOTE, the scaling could pay off. Just want to reiterate that doing a LOTE in Year 12 will take up a lot of your time unless you go to a language school or it is your mother language.
Other than luck, best of luck for your studies and I look forward to hearing from you again as you progress through the year.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2019, 08:19:00 am »
+3
Lately I've been majorly lacking in the motivation department - I am OVER year 11 and I just want it to be the summer holidays!!
HURRY UP SUMMER
BIG MOOD

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2019, 11:37:05 pm »
G'day

Officially starting Year 11 on Wednesday!!

Many people say that year 11 doesn't really matter which is true in some regards, I'm planning on putting as much effort into year 11 as I would year 12 so that I can see what my predicted study score would be 'as if I was in Year 12' as I am aiming for a 99.95 which I know is unrealistic but I believe if I aim really high its better than doing Year 12 going 'meh' and getting a 60.

My goals for 2019:
Study 24 hours a week (4 hours per subject)
Get up at 6 am every day (to maximise time in the day)
Exercise every day for the recommended 90 minutes
Aim for A+ on all SAC's and Exams.

In Year 9 and 10 I was averaging C's and D's in English and I really want to change that so I'm going to make sure i work especially hard on that and if you have any advice for me that would be fantastic!

My subjects for 2019 are;
3 & 4 Biology
1 & 2 Business Management
1 & 2 Psychology
1 & 2 English
1 & 2 General Maths
 I am still to choose a sixth subject and am tossing up between Studio Arts and Legal (any advice on choosing would be amazing)

Plans For The Future;
I'm planning on going to university and studying paramedicine or audio engineering or production lighting (sound tech or like live theatre)
Paramedicine is my main focus as I'm already doing production lighting and audio stuff with local theatre and I'm getting work working local music festivals.

Hoping to post weekly :)

Post Format
Code: [Select]
[b]Term x, Week x; DD/MM/YYYY - DD/MM/YYYY[/b]

[u]Summary[/u]
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

[u]Subjects:[/u]
1& 2 English:
1 & 2 General Maths:
1 & 2 Legal:
3 & 4 Biology:
1 & 2 Business Management:
1 & 2 Psychology:

Hello, please watch what you say next time when posting... a 60 might be considered a great score for some one who is disadvantage like me.. a 60 is pretty good at a crappy school.

60 is considered a good score.. a 60 is basically getting average scores in all your school subjects.
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2019, 06:45:50 am »
+2
Hello, please watch what you say next time when posting... a 60 might be considered a great score for some one who is disadvantage like me.. a 60 is pretty good at a crappy school.

60 is considered a good score.. a 60 is basically getting average scores in all your school subjects.

Hi YussifK,
I understand being disadvantaged because of a crappy school and I apologise if what I have said has upset you. I strongly believe you can do anything no matter who you are or of your circumstances and in your case, the school you go to.
I believe that if I went 'meh' and just cruised through year 12 I feel like a 60 would be within reach whereas if I worked my ass off I might have a chance at a 90 ATAR.
If anything I am deliberately having overly high expectations of myself, hence viewing a 60 as meh because I personally believe that I wouldn't have put in my best effort to achieve an average score and potentially misleading myself that I might even have the chance to get a 90+ ATAR.
— VCE —

— University —

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2019, 07:38:49 am »
Hi YussifK,
I understand being disadvantaged because of a crappy school and I apologise if what I have said has upset you. I strongly believe you can do anything no matter who you are or of your circumstances and in your case, the school you go to.
I believe that if I went 'meh' and just cruised through year 12 I feel like a 60 would be within reach whereas if I worked my ass off I might have a chance at a 90 ATAR.
If anything I am deliberately having overly high expectations of myself, hence viewing a 60 as meh because I personally believe that I wouldn't have put in my best effort to achieve an average score and potentially misleading myself that I might even have the chance to get a 90+ ATAR.

I believe you would achieve  such score cause you seem very bright... I was a little hurt via the fact that I’m disadvantaged... and the highest atar last year at my school was suppose to be 76 but for some reason it became 70.(I don’t know how though)

People at my school are aiming for 50+ 😭 it worries me so much... I actually hope one day you achieve such amazing score🙏 (You would)
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )