Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:06 pm

Author Topic: IThinkIFailed journey in VCE towards an 80+ ATAR  (Read 1062 times)

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +12
IThinkIFailed journey in VCE towards an 80+ ATAR
« on: March 16, 2019, 07:24:06 pm »
+8
So I’m in year 11, and I’ve decided to actually start recording what I’m doing as I reckon it’ll help with organisation and also maybe as a source of information for future students (on what not to do in VCE  :'(  )
So this year I’m doing two 3 and 4s, Biology and Economics. My other subjects are English, Legal studies, Advanced methods and Chemistry.

I actually recently got an economics sac back. I was severely disappointed with results, because I had good knowledge of the content and I knew the answers to all the questions, but I ran out of time. I thought we had until 3 PM, but turns out we were supposed to stop at 2:46. I only noticed this when it was 2:20 and I was starting the last question of the second short answer page. I had to rush through the last 2 pages in about 20 minutes flat, and unfortunately that’s where I lost all my marks. I really wanted to start off economics in rank 1, but now I’m about rank 6 or 7 which isn’t bad, but I really want to get a 50.

Biology is going good so far, I understand the content although I feel like the tests I have done for cell membranes, DNA and RNA and enzymes have been pretty easy. I’m going to start my SAC on photosynthesis and cellular respiration next week, and it’s an experimental one. I’m not very good at experiments (always end up stuffing the actual practical work and results) so I’m not very confident for it.

As for my 1 and 2s, it’s going pretty easy except for English, where I’m not doing the best. Hopefully I can pick up on English with this creative CAT we are doing.
2019:
Biology [42]   Economics [46]

2020:
Methods[41 :( ]
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

ATAR: 99.00

Evolio

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
Re: IThinkIFailed journey in VCE towards an 80+ ATAR
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:58:25 pm »
+1
Hello!  :)
Nice to see another VCE Journey!
How are you finding your two 3/4's?
What is your favourite subject so far?
Don't worry about your Economics sac. You can still go up to Rank 1!
 ;D
Can't wait to read more!

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:11:00 pm »
Hello!  :)
Nice to see another VCE Journey!
How are you finding your two 3/4's?
What is your favourite subject so far?
Don't worry about your Economics sac. You can still go up to Rank 1!
 ;D
Can't wait to read more!
Hi!
Economics I’m finding fairly straightforward for now, it’s just the teacher is a bit strict with his marking unfortunately :(
Biology is also fairly easy, but I know I’m going to screw up in photosynthesis like I did last year.
My favourite subject probably has to be economics, it’s just a chill atmosphere and I really like the subject and it’s contents.
2019:

2020:
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

IThinkIFailed

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 01:16:39 pm »
+2
Damn I almost forgot about this. Anyway, my last week of term is about to get incredibly hectic, we have a Biology sac on photosynthesis, economics sac on economic growth and employment for my 3 and 4s. Also, I have a methods application task for circular functions, and after my test which after discussing with my classmates after the test, resulted in me realising I’ve already lost 4 marks. I also have a chemistry test on moles on Thursday, the last day of school (excellent way to end off the term  :P )
I really want to bounce back aftter my first shaky economics sac, and I really hope I can get better for this one. Honestly I’m not too worried about biology. We get a logbook where we can write anything in it, so I don’t really have to memorise anything other than stuff I didn’t get to put in it. So what’s left is honestly just having a good grasp of experimental design so I can apply my knowledge and do well on the SAC. I am royalty screwed for the methods application task, and I’m scared that my methods teacher will humiliate me in front of the class again. For chemistry, honestly not too worried, I reckon I can pull off an easy 80+ for it.
2019:

2020:
English [42]
Chemistry [47]
Legal studies [44]

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 08:15:25 am »
So I’m in year 11, and I’ve decided to actually start recording what I’m doing as I reckon it’ll help with organisation and also maybe as a source of information for future students (on what not to do in VCE  :'(  )
So this year I’m doing two 3 and 4s, Biology and Economics. My other subjects are English, Legal studies, Advanced methods and Chemistry.

I actually recently got an economics sac back. I was severely disappointed with results, because I had good knowledge of the content and I knew the answers to all the questions, but I ran out of time. I thought we had until 3 PM, but turns out we were supposed to stop at 2:46. I only noticed this when it was 2:20 and I was starting the last question of the second short answer page. I had to rush through the last 2 pages in about 20 minutes flat, and unfortunately that’s where I lost all my marks. I really wanted to start off economics in rank 1, but now I’m about rank 6 or 7 which isn’t bad, but I really want to get a 50.

Biology is going good so far, I understand the content although I feel like the tests I have done for cell membranes, DNA and RNA and enzymes have been pretty easy. I’m going to start my SAC on photosynthesis and cellular respiration next week, and it’s an experimental one. I’m not very good at experiments (always end up stuffing the actual practical work and results) so I’m not very confident for it.

As for my 1 and 2s, it’s going pretty easy except for English, where I’m not doing the best. Hopefully I can pick up on English with this creative CAT we are doing.

Hey!
How are you finding 3 & 4 Bio?? So great so see a fellow Year 11 doing a 3/4!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP