Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:59:05 am

Author Topic: Science as a Human Endeavour  (Read 3393 times)

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Science as a Human Endeavour
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:55:29 pm »
Hi everyone,

As all year 12 biology students know, there a range of sub chapters in the textbook titled “science as a human endeavour”
My question is how important these chapters may be on the external exam. I’m currently doing revision and I realised there are a lot of these chapters. They don’t include any actual new definitions or new knowledge and information, they involve things like past experiments and scientific advancements and the history of some biology fields. They look very differently too compared to the rest of the textbook so I was just wondering if these areas are important to revise.

Thank you!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Science as a Human Endeavour
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:17:51 pm »
+3
Hi,

Good hunch to question the importance of this in assessment.

SHE (science as a human endeavour is not tested on the exam at all :)

Quote from: QCAA
Science as a Human Endeavour
Each Queensland senior science subject requires students to learn and apply aspects of the
knowledge and skill of the discipline. It is recognised that students should also develop an
appreciation for the nature and development of science, and its use and influence on society.
While this appreciation will not be assessed, the syllabus provides guidance as to where it may
be developed. Importantly, this guidance draws students’ attention to the way in which science
operates, both in relation to the development of understanding and explanations about the world
and to its influence on society.

textbooks tend to contain a lot more than you need to know so make sure you use the syllabus to guide your revision - are you familiar with this?

XD12345

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: Science as a Human Endeavour
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 08:14:05 pm »
Thank you so much!