Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:27:40 am

Author Topic: bchelor of laws  (Read 1287 times)  Share 

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -2
bchelor of laws
« on: September 26, 2020, 10:37:29 am »
hello guys, what happens if you get an atar of (55)  but  bachelor of laws at deakin requires a higher atar than 55 does this make all my optons closed and make me look like a failure im very worried about my future right now and cant find a course that i know i will make it in

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: bchelor of laws
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:12:38 pm »
hello guys, what happens if you get an atar of (55)  but  bachelor of laws at deakin requires a higher atar than 55 does this make all my optons closed and make me look like a failure im very worried about my future right now and cant find a course that i know i will make it in
I assume you've considered regional unis etc.? Also, is that just what it was last year as the lowest, or the required?
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 03:25:21 pm »
I assume you've considered regional unis etc.? Also, is that just what it was last year as the lowest, or the required?

I looked at Deakin, but the atar required is like 86 I don’t know what to do at this point man I can’t find the course I want every time I find a course I’m interested in there is a high atar to achieve, I think I just have bud luck

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 03:36:03 pm »
I looked at Deakin, but the atar required is like 86 I don’t know what to do at this point man I can’t find the course I want every time I find a course I’m interested in there is a high atar to achieve, I think I just have bud luck
Smaller unis maybe?
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her

SOULXX

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 03:39:45 pm »

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 04:22:43 pm »
+8
I've noticed from other posts you've made that ATARs and university entrance seem to be a stressor for you. School and exams are tough things to do, but they're only temporary, and doing not as well as you hoped isn't the be-all and end-all.

It's worth noting that your ATAR is not the only way to get into certain courses / careers.

If you do not meet an ATAR requirement for a course, you can:

a) start a similar course at a different uni / TAFE and transfer into the course you want to do.
b) start a different course at the same uni and then transfer into the course you want to do. That course can be a diploma at the uni's college (e.g. Deakin College) or a bachelor's degree.
c) study the course you want to do at the same university, but different campus if available
d) study the course you want to do at the postgraduate level (i.e. do an undergraduate course after you finish high school (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) and study postgraduate law)

You can transfer into many courses however, there are some that you cannot transfer into (e.g. undergraduate medicine at Monash). It might be helpful to have a look at the VTAC Course Search to see what courses are out there. For instance, at this link, I have searched "law" and it comes up with most of the law related courses that you can study straight out of high school.

For what it's worth, I know of someone who didn't get the ATAR for law at Deakin and studied a Diploma of Commerce at Deakin College. They then transferred into a Bachelor of Laws.

At the end of the day, you can get to where you want to be, no matter what your ATAR is. Your ATAR is like a key that "unlocks" doors (entry to courses). Your key may not fit the lock of the door you want. But if you go through a different door, you can get the keys (the relevant qualifications) to the door you want.

If there are any personal circumstances that affect your ability to do your best at study, there's also the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) which you can apply for when applying for courses through VTAC (the body that primarily handles university / TAFE entrance in Victoria). You can have a read about it here.

You're in Year 11 if I remember correctly. Year 11 can be used as a practice run for next year. Strive to do the best you can and you might surprise yourself with what you can achieve. A bit of your ATAR is based on luck (e.g. you might perform differently in an exam on different occasions) and other factors outside of your immediate control, but much of it is based on hard work.

Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 04:29:51 pm by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

The Cat In The Hat

• Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 09:08:16 am »
Like what unis, ?
Such as maybe Victoria Uni (only a guess tho', I don't know anything about them), Federation Uni if you're regional (Ballarat being their main campus, also Berwick and Gippsland), etc.
VCE 20
ATAR 85
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

she/her