Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:36:55 am

Author Topic: I’m studying  (Read 4160 times)

lenhattien

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I’m studying
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:46:11 pm »
Hi everyone!
I am currently doing exam preparation for my externals and I’m studying roughly 1-3 hours a day, depending on how much work I have to do according to my revision schedule.
The only problem is that I play soccer once a week every Thursday straight after school and don’t get home until late when I am way to exhausted. I also have a game every Saturday where I am busy the entire day. With exams coming closer every day I am starting to worry this could ruin my “flow” or “momentum”
My question is (from personal experience), does taking two day off a week from studying going to affect me badly? I work like crazy every other day and sometimes even during my lunch times at school but I hear lots of people working every single day.
Let me know what you think

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Re: I’m studying
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 12:56:30 pm »
+4
Hi everyone!
I am currently doing exam preparation for my externals and I’m studying roughly 1-3 hours a day, depending on how much work I have to do according to my revision schedule.
The only problem is that I play soccer once a week every Thursday straight after school and don’t get home until late when I am way to exhausted. I also have a game every Saturday where I am busy the entire day. With exams coming closer every day I am starting to worry this could ruin my “flow” or “momentum”
My question is (from personal experience), does taking two day off a week from studying going to affect me badly? I work like crazy every other day and sometimes even during my lunch times at school but I hear lots of people working every single day.

Hey there! Great to see a new poster!

It looks like you've got a good revision schedule going and hopefully making good use of the time you have allocated.
As for the soccer games... it's actually really good for you to take breaks and get out. I'm not sure how much you know about the effects of exercise on mental condition, but generally speaking, consistent and healthy physical activity allows for better focus and motivation due to increased blood flow and elevated levels of dopamine, serotonin, and more. By cutting out your regular exercise, you may inadvertently ruin your "flow" because your body is used to the regime you're at right now.

Taking a couple of days to get out and about is much healthier than spending all of it inside - so if you feel that you're doing okay with your routine at the moment, don't change it. Just remember to eat healthily, drink often, and take care of yourself. Better to work smart than to work hard. :))
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: I’m studying
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 05:09:17 pm »
+3
Hi everyone!
I agree with Poet. Personally, in the leadup to my exams, and every other time, I take Sunday off: I don't work on school at all that day, and take the day off to go to church, relax, etc. I've found it very useful, to know that throughout the week I can push and push and push myself and then get to Sunday and just relax and know I don't need to do any schooling.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.