Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 11:52:01 pm

Author Topic: Help please !  (Read 602 times)

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Help please !
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:33:35 am »
Hi all,

So for a question like:  Choose a character from ONE prescribed text that you have studied in Module C. Using the voice of this figure, write their thoughts and feelings on a concept from their text as if they were writing on it.
How would I answer this if my Mod C texts don't actually have a character in them? As in, all my mod c texts are either a speech or an essay. So would i just write my response from the perspective of the author of one of my Mod C texts?

Joshua.romehinson

• Fresh Poster
Re: Help please !
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:46:10 am »
+1
Yes write in the perspective of one person from your prescribed texts, if you have essays or a speech hopefully there is a particular event or thought that is consistently seen throughout that you can write about. 

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 05:08:01 pm »
Thanks for replying! but I dont think there is :/

Im doing George Orwell's Politics and the English Language, and I can't seem to find anything.
So would I be totally screwed if this was the Mod C question?

adjkilp

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 05:43:56 pm »
We came up against this exact problem at my school. Unfortunately you're going to have to study one of the other mod C texts that are a narrative. Go to the NESA website and find the prescribed texts document. You'll need to really quickly study one of those texts.

louisaaa01

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 05:47:51 pm »
Thanks for replying! but I dont think there is :/

Im doing George Orwell's Politics and the English Language, and I can't seem to find anything.
So would I be totally screwed if this was the Mod C question?

This question is from Art of Smart, right?

I think if they were to ask you a similar question in the HSC, it would say "character, persona OR speaker". Otherwise, the question would be inaccessible to students who did a prescribed text, such as a speech, essay, or even a poem in some circumstances, without definitive characters. To my knowledge, there aren't any specifications as to the text types you must study in Module C (i.e. there's no requirement to study a novel, etc), so the question has to be open and equally accessible to all module C prescribed texts

If you'd still like to have a go at this question, I think your best bet is to embody Orwell's perspective (or the perspective of the other author) - treat it as though it has indeed asked for a character, persona or speaker.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:52:53 pm by louisaaa01 »
2019 ATAR: 99.95

2020 - 2026

USYD BSci / Doctor of Medicine