Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 05:09:51 am

Author Topic: Mod A help pls!!  (Read 611 times)

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Mod A help pls!!
« on: October 03, 2019, 06:40:54 pm »
Hi all,

So my Mod A prescribed texts are a film and around 8 poems. In the exam i'd only be writing about 2 poems, so should I still revise for the other ones in the case that the question will specify which poem to write about (even though this is unlikely)?

jelena_nina2001

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Mod A help pls!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 04:19:26 pm »
+1
Hi all,

So my Mod A prescribed texts are a film and around 8 poems. In the exam i'd only be writing about 2 poems, so should I still revise for the other ones in the case that the question will specify which poem to write about (even though this is unlikely)?

I sugest yes still revise all of them, so that you have at least two or so quotes per poem that are adpatable to virtually any theme, as the question will hopefully be broad and applicable to most themes. By bogging yourself down with quotes and analysis, you kinda lose the strength of your initial argument. Sorry if my advice is crap, i suck at giving advice. Good luck :)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: Mod A help pls!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 07:34:56 pm »
+1
Hi all,

Hi!

So, I'd suggest doing it 80/20, in favour of the poems you want to study. This ensures you're prepared no matter what happens :)

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}