Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:32:00 pm

Author Topic: ✨ 50 + PREMIER'S AWARD ENGLISH SUMMER HEADSTART PROGRAM ✨  (Read 1469 times)  Share 

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
✨ 50 + PREMIER'S AWARD ENGLISH SUMMER HEADSTART PROGRAM ✨
« on: November 14, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »
Hi everyone! Over the summer holidays I will be offering a condensed 6-week English headstart program tailored towards students heading into Year 12. This high-value course will cover the entire English study design and allow me to transfer to you all my tips, knowledge and advice before the year begins. I have deliberately built this course to be non-specific to any text, thereby making it suitable for those who are looking to gain tutoring from me but are not studying my texts (All The Light We Cannot See, Ransom & The Queen), or any Year 12 student wanting to get a headstart in mainstream English!

ABOUT ME:

• raw 50 study score + Premier's Award in English
    perfect 60/60 exam score
    graduated from John Monash Science School in 2020
    currently studying medicine at Monash University
    300+ hours of experience tutoring Year 12 English in 2021

WHAT THE COURSE WILL INVOLVE:

• 6 weekly lessons starting from mid-December through to the end of January, held online via Zoom or at Monash University libraries (Clayton)
    structured, condensed lessons jam-packed with unique essay-writing techniques, tips and strategies that enabled me to achieve my score
    guides on how to structure essays, including step-by-step templates for writing perfect introductions and conclusions
    comprehensive high-yield breakdowns on how to tackle each section of the exam
    a focus on special techniques that I've developed to succeed in Section C, including demonstrations of how I break down and respond to language analysis pieces
    workshops on how to analyse film scenes and literary techniques and effectively incorporate them into your writing
    detailed and precise individual essay feedback
    access to all my comprehensive notes, high-scoring essays and resources

Please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected] if you're interested or if you have any questions regarding the course. I am truly so passionate about English and tutoring and I cannot wait to help you achieve the scores you're aiming for 🙂
Tuyen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:52:34 pm by quinn_03 »
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
Re: ✨ 50 + PREMIER'S AWARD ENGLISH SUMMER HEADSTART PROGRAM ✨
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 06:57:50 pm »
Some testimonials from past students:

Over the course of the entire year, Tuyen as been a huge factor in enabling me to do well in English. Lets start with her knowledge. I have had many tutors in the past but i can say with utmost confidence that she has been the most naturally talented and passionate one yet. Her analysis of the texts/movies are outstanding, and she is able to easily project all this knowledge onto her students. Many parts of her analysis have been extremely unique, stuff that never would have been picked up by my classmates, teachers or other tutors. Then comes her essay feedback. As a high-performing student in year 12 english, whenever i sent my essays to my teachers at school, it would return with minimal feedback. Despite this, when i sent the same essay to Tuyen she always had a lot of constructive and helpful feedback to give me. She never sugar coated anything but it also never came across as rude or insutling in any way. She helped push my writing to the next level. I know that without her, i would have never been confident in my own work or got even close to the scores that i had gotten. Where Tuyen may lack slightly in experience, she makes up for in effort and natural talent. I know many tutors that would tutor solely for the money, but Tuyen is far from one of these. Over the course of the whole year i have first hand experienced her passion for teaching English. She never hesitated to extend the lesson over an hour if necessary (she worried more about whether I had the time to continue the lesson) which is very rare in tutors nowadays . Even outside of lesson time, she always made time to answer any questions i may have (even if it wasn't about english and was just about school/uni life in general). Her dedication and genuine care for me and my performance in english has helped me so much. I have never once been bored during our lessons and she would always make sure that i was comfortable with what we were doing and always adjusted the lessons to suit my need. When i was in year 11 my English was terrible (I got a 60% on the final exam which concerned a lot of the teachers) but after getting Tuyen as a tutor i managed to get all very highs (80-100%) in all my year 12 school SACS. I strongly recommend anyone who wants to boost their english scores no matter how good you are at English, to get Tuyen to be your tutor. You will definitely see a big difference in your writing skills.

Tuyen is a hardworking, passionate tutor. She offers a lot of resources and detailed feedback to help me improve my writing. I could never have done English without her. She made me learn to appreciate English and inspired me with her insightful knowledge. Tuyen is the sweetest person in the whole world, she is so encouraging and supportive. I highly recommend her as your English tutor :)

Firstly i’d like to begin with the fact that Tuyen is THE most kindhearted and AWESOME tutor ever. I started tutoring with her to improve my english, and not only did my scores and essays drastically improve, but i also gained a sense of respect for Tuyen, and all the hard work she puts in:) her bright and cheerful attitude in every class makes me feel so much more confident, and her feedback is so detailed and helpful- i could not have asked for a better mentor in my final year of high school. Even though i loathe english as a subject, and writing text response essays is out of my mind forever, I genuinely miss my lessons with Tuyen so very much. Finishing off this way too long message, I’m so grateful for Tuyen, and how much of a positive impact she’s had on my english and my life. (Also, her essays and resources saved my life, they are truly phenomenal;) )

Tuyen is a highly skilled English tutor who has an extensive knowledge of her texts and a disposition for analysing ideas and connecting them to broader ideas within the prompt. Tuyen focuses on the importance of discussion as the primary tool for creating ideas and drawing comparisons and similarities- which are integral to writing a good essay. Her knowledge of writing structure, format and importantly, how to write concisely helped me gain high marks and confidence with my writing. She is funny, kind and caring, making the journey of English that seems daunting at first, far more manageable and exciting. Tuyen is a mentor and a guide who genuinely wants you to do well and cares about your journey. I highly recommend Tuyen as a tutor for VCE English!

Tuyen is amazing!!! So so so knowledgeable on all the texts she teaches, very fun to talk to, always willing to go over the hour limit until her students’ questions have all been answered, gives very detailed feedback and is very generous when it comes to taking time out of her day to mark any extra essays that her students send in during the week. I could not have done English without her this year, she is your money's worth. Will miss her heaps.
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
Re: ✨ 50 + PREMIER'S AWARD ENGLISH SUMMER HEADSTART PROGRAM ✨
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 09:44:19 pm »
Bump! It's your last chance to secure a spot in this summer course before it starts in a few weeks. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested :)
2020 VCE
Literature [48]