Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:49 pm

Author Topic: Should I do legal studies in year 10?  (Read 3857 times)  Share 

renae.kara

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Should I do legal studies in year 10?
« on: July 12, 2020, 06:46:34 pm »
Hi :)
I'm in year 9 and I have 3 more days to decide on my electives for next year. I have the option to do 1 1/2 subject next year and I am wondering whether legal studies would be too hard or too stressful for year 10. I have read that 1/2 legal studies is based on memorising and remembering and that it is a good subject to complete early because the more time you put into it the better. If I don't choose legal I will choose health and human development as a VCE subject but I'm not even 100% sure if I really want to do that subject. Has anyone got any advice on whether doing legal in year 10 is a good idea?
Thankssss

bucky1624

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Should I do legal studies in year 10?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 11:34:31 pm »
Definitely, I done that and it was the best decision ever.
Legal studies is very content heavy and I found it great to have picked up unit 1/2 legal studies in year 10 despite some teachers telling me I shouldn't. Throughout the year I was able to really focus on this subject and found it easy to manage with my other subjects. There wasn't much homework for me in year 10 and with that I was able to practice my writing skills for legal as you are greatly marked on how you structure your answers.
Now that I'm in year 11, I see that sadly a lot of year 12's are struggling with the subject along with their other subjects due to the amount of content in  legal 3/4, so I recommend you do it now.

Best of luck!!!!

renae.kara

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Should I do legal studies in year 10?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:30:39 am »
Thank you so much that's super helpful and reassuring that I am making the right decision!!