QCE Stuff > Queensland Education Discussion

QCE resources on demand - make your requests here!

(1/4) > >>

Joseph41:
See our complete database of QCE articles here!

As you may or may not be aware, ATAR Notes regularly publishes QCE articles online - entirely free. And that will again be the case this year, next year and beyond. ;D

Awesome, right? Absolutely! But do you know what's even better?

This year, we're taking requests.
Want an article about time management? Post here.
Want an article about dealing with content in Maths Methods? Post here.
Want an article about how to interpret assessment results? Post here.

Essentially, it's up to you!
All you need to do is to post in this thread with your ideas. Because at the end of the day, we want to be the greatest help to the greatest number - and what better way to do that than to take requests? :D We can't guarantee that we'll cater for every single request, but if there are consistent themes - well, that tells us pretty nicely that we should be writing an article on that subject. :) So over to you!

--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: In order to ask a question, you will have to click here and make an ATAR Notes account.

Bri MT:

--- Quote from: zappo12 on July 22, 2019, 07:28:55 pm ---Hey,

I was wondering if there would possibly be QCE notes for Legal Studies Unit 1 and 2?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the idea! We'll get onto it :)

Bri MT:
Hey,

I don't have a background in legal so I couldn't make notes myself (hopefully someone else who does have that background will jump in) but I checked the QCE syllabus and it seemed like these notes designed for part of the Victorian curriculum would be helpful for you. Additionally, these crime notes designed for part of the New South Wales system seemed like a good match for your Unit 1. For unit 2, I found these consumer law notes (NSW) & civil law notes. There'll be some aspects of these notes that aren't relevant to you (eg Victorian legal aid stuff) but lots of value as well.

In the NSW notes area in particular I also noticed high-scoring sample essays on topics you're examined on so those might be worth looking at too.

Finally, there are a bunch of guides on how to score well in legal studies written by NSW-ers that you may find useful here and if you have any questions about QCE legal studies feel free to post them here.

Best of luck with your revision! :)

Do you have any other subjects you're looking for resources on?

kiki01k:
Hey! Is there any chance of getting notes for QCE accounting. Thanks.

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: kiki01k on August 04, 2019, 05:10:13 pm ---Hey! Is there any chance of getting notes for QCE accounting. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Hey :)

It would certainly be something we'd love to have in the future. At this point in time we don't quite have the resources to produce dedicated notes for the QCE accounting syllabus yet.

Upon comparison I see that there are lots of similarities between the VCE and QCE scopes for the course, so you can probably find a reasonable amount of notes here. You may need to look through both the Units 1/2 and 3/4 sections though, since the topics may not be in the same order.

I can also suggest these summary notes made by one of my friends at university, but like mentioned they are more at a university level. I took this 'subject' at university as well and there is some overlap in the concepts. Of course, the layout you're expected to reproduce in the QCE may be slightly different (for example journal entries, bank reconciliation statements).

You can ask any specific questions on our dedicated question thread at any time throughout your studies. Although I can't claim to be an expert anymore at accounting, there's possibly things here and there I can help out with!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version