Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:23:02 am

Author Topic: Monash Science Help (Graduates, Earth Science, Physiology, etc)  (Read 818 times)  Share 

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Monash Science Help (Graduates, Earth Science, Physiology, etc)
« on: January 26, 2019, 12:34:36 pm »
Hey all!

I received an offer this year to study Bachelor of Science which I am excited about. :) However, I want to use this opportunity/course to develop/improve myself as a person not so much of a career focused.

1. If any of you studied either Physiology or Earth Science as a major, what were you experience like? which one of those 2 you think/know have less-workload or easier to study? The reason being, that I have other avenues/responsibilities so I will have to make sure I can balance them all.

2. If any of you like me who weren't looking for a career out of the science degree, what did you get out of the course? (skills, experience, etc)

3. Last question, what other general opportunities/avenues are out there after completing a science degree besides research? (Grad Programs, internships, jobs etc etc)

Thank you

Monash University

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Monash Science Help (Graduates, Earth Science, Physiology, etc)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:06:30 pm »
+3
I'll skip the first two questions, since I don't fit the situation you're looking for.
3. Last question, what other general opportunities/avenues are out there after completing a science degree besides research? (Grad Programs, internships, jobs etc etc)
There's a fair amount of programs, internships and jobs. There's a range of grad programs for science students, internships and, sometimes, jobs for science graduates - varying from Defence to Deloitte. Besides research, you could intern (just need to be a science grad) or work in government (although many need higher study), get a grad program with a number of companies (just needs BSci and competitive skills) or find a job (check a job website and here for a list of jobs, not just research).
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »
I'll skip the first two questions, since I don't fit the situation you're looking for. There's a fair amount of programs, internships and jobs. There's a range of grad programs for science students, internships and, sometimes, jobs for science graduates - varying from Defence to Deloitte. Besides research, you could intern (just need to be a science grad) or work in government (although many need higher study), get a grad program with a number of companies (just needs BSci and competitive skills) or find a job (check a job website and here for a list of jobs, not just research).

AMAZING! Thank you!
Monash University

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:06:41 pm »
Any Physiology or Earth Science students? :)
Monash University