Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:26:35 pm

Author Topic: max possible score?  (Read 2138 times)  Share 

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
max possible score?
« on: November 08, 2007, 12:00:10 pm »
what do you think is the max possible study score I could get for English, provided I get A+ A+ for SACs and low B+ for the exam? (and I'm ranked no.1 for SACs)

ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
max possible score?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 12:13:13 pm »
i think you're seriously underestimating your exam score for one. buuut if you were to get that, im thinking like 37?

maybe? or is that too high? although it could be higher cos of your sacs. i mean if theres someone in your class that would have gotten close to full mark/very high A+, thats gona make you a lot better off obviously

god everytime i think about my english i want to cry.

cara.mel

max possible score?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 01:24:43 pm »
I'm thinking your sig is closer to the truth, but then I don't believe in that scenario one bit :P

Btw how did you find out where you're ranked in sacs? I'd love to find out for physics and chem, just to see if I am above a certain other person I don't like xD (don't really care about the top)

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
max possible score?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 01:30:25 pm »
in english, an A in the exam refers to the top 16% so like 37/38+.. so a B+ is like just below that.. and im thinking if you average out high A+ and low B+, even though it doesnt quuite work like that because sacs have different grade distribtions.. that'd indicate a 37. english grade boundaries are different to most other subjects so you have to keep that in mind.

but seriously, there no way you're gona get lower than an A for the exam. i dont know why you even think that lol.

me on the other hand :(

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
max possible score?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:57:07 pm »
Quote from: "melanie.dee"

god everytime i think about my english i want to cry.

I'm the same :( I have to try hard not to think about it in public so I don't start getting all teary. It's quite embarrassing but I did seriously screw it up that badly, my essays were about as good as ones that I'd written in year 9 which hurts a lot because I was relying on getting a decent english mark seeing as I don't do high-scaling subjects like spesh.

anyways thanks for that. now i know my predictions are alright :)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

cara.mel

max possible score?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 05:59:37 pm »
Ok then thank you :)
I think for chem I was #1 by the time when we get those subject award things in assembly in the middle of the year, because I overheard certain-person-I-won't-name-but-people-can-probably-work-out-who ask our chem teacher why he didn't get the chem award (because of course he deserves it more than anyone else :roll:) and she said she based it on sac scores.
but since then we've had food chem ^_^

And I still don't believe you did that bad. I'm thinking at your worse you could get like 7 or 8 or something (well for at least the 3 sections to exclude the one 'you'll get 2 on' or whatever :P), and that should be high 30s. And that's a low estimate :o