Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:08:37 am

Author Topic: HSC Ancient History Question Thread  (Read 72493 times)  Share 

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: HSC Ancient History Question Thread
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2019, 08:29:35 pm »
Hey!!
Am new here so I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate these forums haha..

But I just wanted to ask if there is any resource or any place online where someone has compiled or made-up practice HSC questions for the new Ancient History syllabus? I know that some questions from the old papers are still relevant but I'm not sure how to know which ones? I start year 12 in a few days so I want to try to start early if I can.

Also, if there are can I post my answers to questions here and maybe someone will reply to give feedback? I'm not really sure how that works?

Thanks for any help!
Hey,
Welcome to AN!!  :D
If your confused about how to use the forums there's some more info here!!

NESA's released a sample paper here which has some questions you could use for the new syllabus. I don't think a lot has changed between syllabuses though-I'm pretty sure the core content (Pompeii and Herculaneum) is almost exactly the same.

You can definitely post answers to your questions and I or someone else can try and give you feedback. If you have any longer responses, you can post them here.

Hope this helps!!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

twelftholmes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2019, 06:34:15 pm »
+1
thanks so much!!
HSC 2020: English Advanced [71], Maths Adv [74]+ Ext [21], Physics [80], Ancient History [79], Business Studies [67]
ATAR: 68.50

round 2!!
HSC 2021: eng adv, math adv, physics, ancient history

twelftholmes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2020, 04:46:02 pm »
could the statue of Marcus Nonius Balbus be considered evidence for local political life in Herculaneum even though he wasn't technically a decurion or magistrate (aedile or dummvir)?
HSC 2020: English Advanced [71], Maths Adv [74]+ Ext [21], Physics [80], Ancient History [79], Business Studies [67]
ATAR: 68.50

round 2!!
HSC 2021: eng adv, math adv, physics, ancient history

Fozia

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2020, 10:44:56 am »
Hey,
So I noticed that the syllabus only asks for sources specifically for the Core Study but not for the Option topics. Does this mean we don't necessarily need sources for the Option topic?

Thanks ;)

sharlt

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2020, 12:44:10 am »
Hey,
So I noticed that the syllabus only asks for sources specifically for the Core Study but not for the Option topics. Does this mean we don't necessarily need sources for the Option topic?

Thanks ;)

Hey there! In the exam you get given a source booklet for the Core Study, so you'd need to specifically refer to those sources (and others!) for that section. You'd definitely need other sources (so things like historian's quotes and archaeological evidence) for the other sections as well! :)