Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:22:54 am

Author Topic: P's Drive Test  (Read 3212 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: P's Drive Test
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 04:44:20 pm »
+3
Is it worth knowing the route beforehand? I am petrified of the prospect of being directed as a drive, I get really stressed if the instructor says "turn left" and then I missed it because they say it too late or something. I feel like if I run through the possible route I'll be less stressed... Any advice is appreciated :)
My instructor, when I first started driving, said you should not be going so fast in your test that you wont be able to take a turn even if they say it as you are almost on the turn. In the town where I live, most of the roads are 50 or 60 but I did 40-45 in my test and the tester said at the end it was a good, safe speed. I was scared of that also but the tester gave me plenty of warning and i drove slower then I normally would. Bear in mind they cannot fail you for navigational things (ie. they say turn left and you turn right), more how safely you drive.
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 04:52:06 pm »
+5
Is it worth knowing the route beforehand? I am petrified of the prospect of being directed as a drive, I get really stressed if the instructor says "turn left" and then I missed it because they say it too late or something. I feel like if I run through the possible route I'll be less stressed... Any advice is appreciated :)
My instructor said there are multiple different testing routes but that may just depend on which testing centre you are at.

If you know the possible routes definitely have a practice and make sure you aren't making any mistakes. If you have driven the route before you will know what sort of things you need to be extra wary of. However, I wouldn't be going to the test being focussed on a specific route. You could possibly make a mistake by taking a certain route whilst the assessor says something else.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 06:53:27 pm »
+4
I passed!!! Thank you all for the advice!

Well Done J_Rho! That's awesome :D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 07:29:17 pm »
+3
My instructor, when I first started driving, said you should not be going so fast in your test that you wont be able to take a turn even if they say it as you are almost on the turn. In the town where I live, most of the roads are 50 or 60 but I did 40-45 in my test and the tester said at the end it was a good, safe speed. I was scared of that also but the tester gave me plenty of warning and i drove slower then I normally would. Bear in mind they cannot fail you for navigational things (ie. they say turn left and you turn right), more how safely you drive.
Adding on to this, they give you heaps of notice before they want you to turn so don't be worried about them being like "oh you needed to turn left at the street we just passed"