Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:58 pm

Author Topic: Its HSC baby :)  (Read 24989 times)

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
Re: Its HSC baby :)
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2021, 09:40:01 pm »
+3
I am one happy yr 12 students, although this is not how I envisioned my last term of schooling, I cannot complain that..

1) Trials got pushed two weeks (let's just say my study is not as effective as it should be)
2) THE PIP GOT PUSHED TWO WEEKS!!!!!! it was meant to be due a day after my birthday, so I am definitely happy (excluding the fact that I'm celebrating in lockdown :'()

I shall update in a bit, for now I need to do my mod B notes on Eliot :P

Myself and those in my cohort (which I'm sure many year 12s can relate to) are really concerned with the new information from Gladys. To send ~ 70,000 students to school, catching public transport, and teachers coming from across local gov areas is unsafe and completely ridiculous to send us back. I want to go back, but I don't want to risk my health and that of my family. It feels our HSC and exams are more important than the students, and it feels we aren't being heard. The fact they plan for trials to be the day we go back is so inconsiderate and ridiculous. We lost so much valuable education and for them to just throw trials on us is really concerning. Shoving a lot of children in a room? Putting added stress which is already a lot to handle? putting our health at risk?

I think my school (and others) should cancel trials and year 12 should stay home, because community transmission is at its highest, yet they want to send us back...

Sorry, just had to rant.
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2021, 10:46:30 am »
+3
Have been busy with online exams and studying, but alas, MY MAJOR WORKS ARE DONE.

I submitted English ext 2 and it was so rewarding to see the culmination of months of hard work. Also, my PIP which I submitted about ~ 2 weeks ago.

It's crazy reflecting on the end of year 11 where I didn't even know if I wanted to do EE2, and now it's all done!!
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2021, 03:42:07 pm »
I don't know how I feel about the HSC... I just got back all my trial marks besides modern and some weren't as good as I hoped. A lot of it is attributed to my lack of study but I'm just starting to not care and this is just another knockdown, its so hard just studying at home during lockdown, everything changing, getting shit marks, and still be expected to be perfectly fine with it all?

I've had exams since year 8, and my trial marks for ext eng 1, cafs and math are some of the worst I've had.

I know ultimately HSC is 50% and etc but it's still hard to want to do any study.
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2021, 09:43:40 am »
+2
the HSC has begun...

I will give a full rundown about each exam after English ext on the 30th of Nov, so far they haven't been too bad.

Eng paper 1 was overall really good, the essay question was nice but the short answers were a little odd.

Eng paper 2, I really enjoyed mod b and c (i wrote a similar piece to a practice response I did the week before), Mod a was definitely a shock but I managed to cater and adapt my quotes/themes to the question.

MODERN HISTORY WAS A JOKE --> the questions for section 1 were so odd, the only thing that saved me was the fact I memorised a phrase for the treaties, otherwise, I wouldn't have known them. For those doing mhist, remember

Very: Versailles
Stinky: Sevres
Nibblers: Nuvelly (however you spell it)
Suck: Saint Germain
Toes: Trianon

Also, the essay question was out of the blue, I never expected them to be so specific yet have barely any scope for discussion, I completely denied the statement for the cold war, and proved it by discussing everything else (still technically answering the question).

Anyways, I now need to study for math on Monday!
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2021, 05:52:37 pm »
+2
Update!

Finished 3 exams last week and in 8 days at 4pm I would have finished my last ever HSC exam!

Math Adv: A horrible paper, i left like 17 mins early because i could not, for the life of me, get past what I had already done. The exam was horrid and 10x harder than last year. I would say i am disappointed but knowing i did 12 units and ranked 1st internally for math, i feel okay even if i did terrible... ahahah :'(

Society and Culture: Reallllllllly good exam! The multiple choice was a little wordy, as per usual, but I am really happy with the quality of my responses, i think i will be getting in the 90s for that exam/PIP :)

Community and Fam Studies: VERYYYYYY easy exam, I finished 20 multiple choices in 5 or so minutes, and finished the exam an hour early (answering everything and doing 5 and 1/2 pages for the 15 marker). The general consensus was that it was easy, the final person left 40 minutes early... I feel I should be getting a band 6, hoping that my short answer responses were good.

Now I am preparing for english ext and have written up a plan, I am going out twice this week and have a dentist appointment tomorrow but I think it is very healthy to have some personal time during this week. So keen!

Also, in like May I booked the dentist for nov assuming I finished my HSC as per the normal times and it would not interfere, and now it is in the middle of it, life works in very odd ways.
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2021, 05:58:06 pm »
+1
ALSO, really happy with my early offers!

I want to study a bach of law/arts with my goal uni being USYD, currently, I have received offers from a range of places...

UNSW srs offer - double law - reduced 85 atar requirement
UTS srs offer - law/social science - reduced 80 atar requirement
UTS early offer - bach of marine biology (was for fun ahahah)
USYD e12 offer - Bach of arts/advanced studies - reduced 75 atar (pathway course into law :'()
MACQ leaders and achievers - bach arts/law - unconditional
WSU - bach arts/law - unconditional
Notre Dame - bach arts/law - unconditional

I feel more assured knowing I have options :)
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2021, 05:42:21 pm »
+1
And like that, I have come full circle and finished with my last exam being english ext.

Goals during this break between now and uni:

1) work more and save
2) catch up on reading I've wanted to do
3) pay more attention to my health
4) find a hobby!

With that, I need to write my grad speech for this Friday  ;)
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021