Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:00:13 pm

Author Topic: Its HSC baby :)  (Read 25007 times)

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
Re: Its HSC baby :)
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 06:01:47 pm »
That's so cool! ill definitely have a read of your journal :)
I'm also definitely keen for 4-unit eng, I feel like English is a passion of mine. Have you decided what form you wanted to do for your major yet?

Also, wish you the best of luck for this upcoming year :)

Yes yes, will probably do a short story.

And wow your prelim results are very very impressive,,what are you aiming to get atar-wise or uni/course wise?

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 08:31:38 pm »
Remember, pain is temporary, but the HSC is for life
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 08:36:13 pm »
+3

Yes yes, will probably do a short story.

And wow your prelim results are very very impressive,,what are you aiming to get atar-wise or uni/course wise?

I'm thinking of doing a critical (just a little more my style)
And thankyou so much!! I'm not entirely sure at the moment, I'm saying 95+ for my star but definitely want to aim for 98+ (just have to shoot high hahaha).

Uni/course wise I've been tossing about ALOT recently. since a young age medicine has been something I am passionate about but in more recent times definitely steering more towards law with politics. Also wanting to go USYD :) I was reading someone else's journal and found out about the future leader's scheme (which is great because I'm the school captain), so it definitely helps with pathways.

What about you? (ATAR and uni/career goals)
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021
Eng Adv, Eng Ext 1, Eng Ext 2, Society and Culture, Modern History, Math Adv, Community and Family Studies

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 06:43:30 pm »
+2
I'm thinking of doing a critical (just a little more my style)
And thankyou so much!! I'm not entirely sure at the moment, I'm saying 95+ for my star but definitely want to aim for 98+ (just have to shoot high hahaha).

Uni/course wise I've been tossing about ALOT recently. since a young age medicine has been something I am passionate about but in more recent times definitely steering more towards law with politics. Also wanting to go USYD :) I was reading someone else's journal and found out about the future leader's scheme (which is great because I'm the school captain), so it definitely helps with pathways.

What about you? (ATAR and uni/career goals)

Agh the Future Leaders Scheme is amazing,, didn't make the cut to be a leader. I'm in a similar boat, aiming for that 98+, hoping to gain admission into Law/Arts at UNSW. I'd love to go to USYD, but really there is a slim chance I'd meet the requirements,, unless I received DUX by the off-chance. But I'd love to go to UNSW, seems lovely and I've heard great things, UTS would be my third choice :)

Ouu and critical sounds tricky,, I, myself am a little intimidated by creative writing because of its subjectivity and because there are just so many good writers out there...just impossible to compete with. Do you have a concept/idea in mind?

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 02:53:23 pm »
+2

Agh the Future Leaders Scheme is amazing,, didn't make the cut to be a leader. I'm in a similar boat, aiming for that 98+, hoping to gain admission into Law/Arts at UNSW. I'd love to go to USYD, but really there is a slim chance I'd meet the requirements,, unless I received DUX by the off-chance. But I'd love to go to UNSW, seems lovely and I've heard great things, UTS would be my third choice :)

Ouu and critical sounds tricky,, I, myself am a little intimidated by creative writing because of its subjectivity and because there are just so many good writers out there...just impossible to compete with. Do you have a concept/idea in mind?

Oh damn the similarities we have!! And don't underestimate yourself, but either ways UNSW is a really good uni (just annoying they have the LAT test for Law). Either ways, USYD has programs that can give your extra marks, especially since your doing ext 2 eng, they have the thing where if you achieve a band 6 or E4 you can get 5 extra marks :)

You should definitely have a read around and look at early offer schemes, Goodluck girl!!

And for ext 2, I'm thinking of either analysing a single text (currently considering Lord of the Flies), or a study of social class and its representation throughout time, or a study of Charles Dickens :) what about you ?
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 01:37:06 am »
+2
Yes I will look around at entry pathways! Although for Law at USYD or UNSW they quite limited due to the competitive nature of the degree.

As for the major work, I haven't settled on a concrete idea but I was thinking conceptually I'd like to look at the limitations of language, how we often lack the words to express certain ideas and how silence often shapes meaning- The Lovers Discourse by Barthes kind of inspired this. 

The other idea which I deem interesting is looking at traumatic repetition in memory and how that manifests in the white literary imagination- so Beloved by Toni Morrison would enrich my research for this.

With both ideas I know I can really play with form to make my ideas more prevalent but I haven't settled on anything specific bcoz both are quite broad and I need to settle on some sort 'structure' to take my story, or a plot...or characters.. lol
Just need to add more nuance to my ideas so they are somewhat authentic, a feat which I'm sure I can achieve with further research.

I'm excited but also quite intimidated and nervous to start, but will try hardest not to let self-doubt to fester.

amal.rabbani

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 04:25:16 pm »
??

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2020, 10:10:47 pm »
??

OMG I'm so sorry, I responded but just realised that it didn't load and just resent your message!

I can't entirely remember what I said but your ideas are good, doing research into either gives you a wide scope to produce a really sophisticated text
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 05:50:52 pm »
+2
Damn this past week has been a special one.

Since last Monday I haven't done any work, I just hit a slump and was kinda burnt out but now I'm energised and back into it. I definitely feel like content-wise, I'm going to slow and so is my class. I still need to catch up on all my missed work and tasks, so I once I catch up I'm gonna go over content for Modern, CAFS and really push to finish my assessments early to submit for feedback.
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 10:41:54 pm »
+2
No update as of now (just completing assessments and trying to stay on top of study)

As you may know, I do CAFS as one of my subjects and need to complete an IRP, I would really appreciate it if you could fill out my quick survey on the influence of performance expectations during the HSC year on emotional and physical wellbeing, which we should all know quite a bit about ahahha

https://forms.gle/MdRcDkKNJpoST6VJA
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 08:02:17 pm »
+5
MARK UPDATE:

Got my year 11 grades and ranks but some arent 100% certain because they didn't provide us with an overall rank for some odd reason :)

Math ADV: B (ranked ~ 3rd)
Modern HIST: B (R ~ 3rd)
Eng ADV: A (R 1st)
Eng EXT: A (R 1st)
CAFS: A (R 1st)
SAC: A (R 1st)
SOR1: A (R ~1st OR 2st)

ASSESSMENT UPDATE:
MATH/HIST/SAC/CAFS all due this coming week 2/4 done. Math is almost done (doing it right now) and hist is an in-class source analysis.

Eng is due in about 2 weeks and i'll start next week

Eng Ext 1/2 are due next term :)
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 11:50:41 pm »
+3
Instead of working on my PIP or IRP, I am providing an update.

SOOOOO.....

SAC: I think I did well in the presentation, but I tend to speak fast during presentations, especially since I'm naturally a fast speaker and I really struggle to slow it down :/

CAFS: I think I smashed it? It was a really easy proposal :)

MATH: It was due today and had a hand in and presentation element. Once more think I did well but my speed really takes away from my presentations (luckily it wasn't in the criteria so I won't get marked down)

MHIST: Wowwwwww, the questions were both oddly simple yet difficult? we had a bunch of source analysis within 45 mins (to replicate the HSC) and I really can't tell you how I went. My teacher is also very very picky on the way you write, where if you don't reference the Source in the first line you could get marked down? So yh not too sure about that...

ENG ADV: have yet to do it but it's a 7-8min vlog (so manyyyyy presentations) but I think it'll be okayy
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2020, 05:58:44 pm »
+3
Got one assessment back and let me just say, I am feeling very disheartened after that. I don't even agree with my mark but they took back the papers to photocopy them so I didn't have a chance to flick through the feedback. Just very annoyed right now and completely unmotivated and stressed
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2020, 08:19:00 pm »
+3
Got one assessment back and let me just say, I am feeling very disheartened after that. I don't even agree with my mark but they took back the papers to photocopy them so I didn't have a chance to flick through the feedback. Just very annoyed right now and completely unmotivated and stressed

That sucks :(

Hopefully you're able to get more feedback later to at least have it make more sense & maybe be able to talk through your pov

Nomsie

• Forum Regular
  • Carpe diem
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2020, 06:03:18 pm »
It would be greatly appreciated if you could fill in this survey for my PIP!

Thankyou :)
https://forms.gle/df6C94YM2dSkm2uc8
(Only Kidding!!)

HSC 2021