Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:26:27 am

Author Topic: Tips for Music Performance from a 43 raw student  (Read 6359 times)  Share 

thammie

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +23
Tips for Music Performance from a 43 raw student
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:51:25 pm »
+4
Hey Guys!
I know 43 isn't really thatttt good but since some people have been asking me if I had any tips, suggestions or resources for Music Performance, I thought I'd just share them with you guys... Here are some great resources for Music Performance which I found really useful last year:

1. Deb Smith's facebook page
   2. Jenny Gillan's website for section B
   3. Deb Smith's Youtube channel
   4. Teoria (free practice and tutorials for music theory… however, not everything in there is relevant so just pick the exercises that are related to the study design)
   5. Register your deb smith book online and click on resources!!!
There are also lots of resources in the VCE Music Links thread!! :)

Deb Smith and Jenny Gillan also hold lectures for music theory and section B. I didn't attend any of the ones for theory but I attended the one for section B, which was pretty good because I struggled a lot in music analysis. Also, if you are struggling with any of the content, you can also shoot an email to Deb Smith.. She's really nice!!!

Other than that, I don't really have many tips for music performance because I'm not overly familiar with the new study design although it should be quite similar to the previous one. Overall, Music Performance is quite a straightforward subject but the only thing I can suggest is: have lots of practice on the things you find difficult because they can definitely be improved with time and also, practice your instrument (because the performance exam is the most important).

Hope this will help you guys and good luck!!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:30:24 pm by thammie »
2019-2023: BMedSc/MD at Monash Uni
Music performance tips
How I got 48 raw in legal