Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:33:06 am

Author Topic: Schools Recommendation Scheme  (Read 1367 times)

liladh

• Adventurer
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
  • Respect: +12
Schools Recommendation Scheme
« on: November 09, 2018, 08:23:17 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just got an email saying that I have been successful in the SRS meaning that I am eligible to gain early entry at Macquarie for a Bachelor of Ancient History, (which I am so happy about!!!!), but you need to have this course as your first preference on UAC in order to be eligible. I am unsure whether this is the course I really want to do as I am still thinking of studying a different course at a different uni (my current top preference)  but I don't want to lose my offer.  :(

I'm super confused as to what I should do, do I change the course to my top preference in order to gain the eligibility and then change it before the next round? Or will this negate the offer? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much and congrats to everybody for finishing exams !!!  :D
HSC 2018: English Advanced ✼ Ancient History (5th in the state) ✼ History Extension ✼ Society and Culture ✼ Visual Arts ✼ Japanese Continuers

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Schools Recommendation Scheme
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:06:19 am »
+2
Heya!! Congrats on that SRS offer, amazing!! ;D

So move that course to #1 preference, get your SRS offer and accept it. Enrol, do all the things. Then once that is done, remove the Bach. of Ancient History from your preference list (you are already in, so you can do as you please!). Move your old preference back to #1, and see if you get an offer for it too.

If you do, you have to pick! And if you pick the other course, that's cool - Just withdraw from Macquarie after you've enrolled in the other uni ;D

Dragomistress

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School: James Ruse Agricultural High School
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:04 am »
Hey,
Do I need to move my offer as well? Why do you need to move it to number 1 though?

liladh

• Adventurer
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:38:48 am »
Heya!! Congrats on that SRS offer, amazing!! ;D

So move that course to #1 preference, get your SRS offer and accept it. Enrol, do all the things. Then once that is done, remove the Bach. of Ancient History from your preference list (you are already in, so you can do as you please!). Move your old preference back to #1, and see if you get an offer for it too.

If you do, you have to pick! And if you pick the other course, that's cool - Just withdraw from Macquarie after you've enrolled in the other uni ;D

Thank you so much Jamon !!  :D
HSC 2018: English Advanced ✼ Ancient History (5th in the state) ✼ History Extension ✼ Society and Culture ✼ Visual Arts ✼ Japanese Continuers

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:07 am »
Hey,
Do I need to move my offer as well? Why do you need to move it to number 1 though?

Many scholarship schemes require the relevant course to be your first preference for eligibility (mainly it simplifies it for them, since as soon as they decide you are eligible, it is guaranteed UAC offers you that course if it is your first preference) :)