Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:43:58 am

Author Topic: 2U Maths Band 4  (Read 846 times)

JP12345

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2U Maths Band 4
« on: April 26, 2019, 11:30:06 am »
Hey guys,

I am just wondering if a band 4 for 2 unit maths is still possible? Fortunately I have 12 units so it won't affect my ATAR, however with task 3 and trials coming up I still feel unconfident with most of the content especially after failing task 1 and 2  :(

My rank is 60/75 (lots of people have dropped since the start of year 12)

Thanks for your help!
2019 HSC
Economics | Studies of Religion II | Mathematics | Business Studies | Geography | English Advanced

Goal ATAR: 95

Dream Course: USYD Bachelor of Commerce

avocadinq

• MOTM: FEB 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +44
Re: 2U Maths Band 4
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 12:39:58 pm »
Hey guys,

I am just wondering if a band 4 for 2 unit maths is still possible? Fortunately I have 12 units so it won't affect my ATAR, however with task 3 and trials coming up I still feel unconfident with most of the content especially after failing task 1 and 2  :(

My rank is 60/75 (lots of people have dropped since the start of year 12)

Thanks for your help!

Hey there,

Getting a band 4 for 2 unit maths is still possible so as long as you are willing to work hard for task 3 and trials. Whether this means approaching teachers if you don't understand a concept to doing more HSC past paper questions to consolidate your knowledge is up to you, do whatever works the best for you. However, if you begin to dislike maths and know that you can do well in your other subjects, potentially dropping maths is a good idea because it gives you more time to work on your other subjects.

Good luck,
- avocadinq
HSC 2019 | chemistry, english advanced, mathematics, mathematics ext 1, modern history and legal studies
For more study inspiration, check out my studygram! @quadrtics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:06:17 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Totally agree with avocadinq, Band 4 is definitely still possible for you! If you work really hard from this point there's really no limit to how well you can go - Band 4 is a super reasonable goal. Given it won't affect your ATAR if it doesn't go to plan, try not to stress! It might make it easier to improve if you separate yourself from the anxiety of it all ;D

liam.berkovsky

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 04:27:52 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Totally agree with avocadinq, Band 4 is definitely still possible for you! If you work really hard from this point there's really no limit to how well you can go - Band 4 is a super reasonable goal. Given it won't affect your ATAR if it doesn't go to plan, try not to stress! It might make it easier to improve if you separate yourself from the anxiety of it all ;D

FYI For most courses at USYD, such as commerce, the only prerequisite is that you have to have achieved at least a band 4 in 2U maths or Higher. So if that is your dream course, I would recommend keeping Maths.