Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:27 pm

Author Topic: For Shout Outs and Appreciation!  (Read 450359 times)

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: For Shout Outs and Appreciation!
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2017, 08:29:34 pm »
+4
Cheers Jamon! :D
Absolutely love being around this community. Hoping I have many more posts to come here :)

Just had a scroll back through my posting history - I've made half of my posts in the past month, and took over a year to get the other 250 :P

I've also noticed a tonne of those super helpful posts akin to a small essay lately, so double-shoutout for all the high quality posts lately!
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2017, 08:37:12 pm »
+10
I've also noticed a tonne of those super helpful posts akin to a small essay lately, so double-shoutout for all the high quality posts lately!
Does this mean you think my previous posts weren't high quality? :P
Haha nah, thanks Calebark :D It really warms my heart to be able to help people out like I have the opportunity to on AN :)

You fell in love like you fall asleep. Slowly - then all at once.
Anything but the TFIOS reference, please

Also, have realised I perhaps spend too much time on here when I went to +1 a post on Moodle and was confused for a split second as to why I couldn't  ::)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2017, 11:51:19 pm »
+10

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2017, 11:54:16 pm »
+8
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »
+13
This is potentially the third time that dancing phalanges has had a shout out, but you absolutely deserve it. It's really easy to use this forum to ask questions, learn some stuff, and move on with your life. Receiving a simple 'thank you' from a user makes such a difference to those who mark questions. Sometimes, we'll get a PM that just makes our day. But to see users like phalanges take 800 words to help a student out with their Modern History essay is genuinely like nothing else. We talk a lot about growing this community, about the feel of the forums, about the vibe of the place. But, at the end of the day, that growth, and that culture, comes down to individual users being just utterly fantastic. Thank you to all users taking the time to answer questions. The HSC forums have felt very organic in recent weeks. We're so excited to see it foster many more users like phalanges.
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2017, 10:11:10 pm »
+9
This is potentially the third time that dancing phalanges has had a shout out, but you absolutely deserve it. It's really easy to use this forum to ask questions, learn some stuff, and move on with your life. Receiving a simple 'thank you' from a user makes such a difference to those who mark questions. Sometimes, we'll get a PM that just makes our day. But to see users like phalanges take 800 words to help a student out with their Modern History essay is genuinely like nothing else. We talk a lot about growing this community, about the feel of the forums, about the vibe of the place. But, at the end of the day, that growth, and that culture, comes down to individual users being just utterly fantastic. Thank you to all users taking the time to answer questions. The HSC forums have felt very organic in recent weeks. We're so excited to see it foster many more users like phalanges.

Cheers Jake! I actually find it helps me to help others, just reinforces the ideas in my head if I can explain them to someone else!
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »
+17
Just a shout out to Heidi. This whole thread was her idea, as was this entire board, as were some other major changes.

Both behind and in front of the scenes Heidi is a huge part of this forum - y'all should be very glad she's around - her counsel's made a very, very big difference.

It occurred to me just now after thinking how good this thread is - all Heidi's.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »
+12
^Zero arguments.

Basically anything of worth I've ever contributed to this forum can be traced to Heidi's influence.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2017, 12:10:40 am »
+9
^Zero arguments.

Basically anything of worth I've ever contributed to this forum can be traced to Heidi's influence.
Seconded 🙌

Heidi is the reason I stuck around here, and legitimately one of the main reasons I even made it through year 12 full stop.
Legitimately just one of the most genuinely amazing human beings out there <3

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2017, 08:25:52 pm »
+14
A very deserved +800 respect for Joseph41. Bloody phenomenal ;D

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
+5
Seconded 🙌

Heidi is the reason I stuck around here, and legitimately one of the main reasons I even made it through year 12 full stop.

thirded? lol
Heidi is awesome she helped me so much in Year 12

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2017, 10:40:31 pm »
+4
thirded? lol
Is there such a thing as fourthed?
Quite literally don't know what'd I do without Heidi, she's been phenomenal and other really awe-inspiring words for at least over a year now. 11/10 friend, and a deserving one at that! ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2017, 11:06:47 am »
+7
Just a shout out to Heidi. This whole thread was her idea, as was this entire board, as were some other major changes.

Both behind and in front of the scenes Heidi is a huge part of this forum - y'all should be very glad she's around - her counsel's made a very, very big difference.

It occurred to me just now after thinking how good this thread is - all Heidi's.
^Zero arguments.

Seconded 🙌

thirded? lol
Quite literally don't know what'd I do without Heidi, she's been phenomenal and other really awe-inspiring words for at least over a year now. 11/10 friend, and a deserving one at that! ;D

I ran into this unexpectedly last night and it means more than you can imagine.  Thanks guys - y'all are infinitely more amazing and inspiring!  <3

'pologies for being better at coming up with ideas than carrying them through xD
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:39 am »
+5

Can I fifth'd?

Everyone's said all the soppy cheesy stuff already about how epic you are so I'm gonna keep my message short and sweet.

We love you, heids. <3

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2017, 11:42:24 am »
+7
Heids makes beautiful turtle art, and I think that is all that needs to be said on the topic :)

<--- An example of one of her more modern pieces

(okay, it's actually a tortoise, but Heids wrote 'turtle' on it for maximum bullying)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:01:32 pm by Calebark »
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢