Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:18 pm

Author Topic: 6th subject in VCE (Extension uni studies) NEED QUICK ADVICE  (Read 2029 times)  Share 

viralcricstar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
6th subject in VCE (Extension uni studies) NEED QUICK ADVICE
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:31:59 pm »
Hi all,
Im doing General maths, legal studies, accounting, biz man and English in Year 11 currently! Have an overall average of about 90-92%(looking to get a few achievement awards) and only putting in a decent amount of effort! I believe i am highly interested and capable of accounting extension studies! What do you all think of this? Please be critical if you want to.
Thanks

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: 6th subject in VCE (Extension uni studies) NEED QUICK ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 07:51:06 pm »
+1
Hi all,
Im doing General maths, legal studies, accounting, biz man and English in Year 11 currently! Have an overall average of about 90-92%(looking to get a few achievement awards) and only putting in a decent amount of effort! I believe i am highly interested and capable of accounting extension studies! What do you all think of this? Please be critical if you want to.
Thanks

yr 11 results seem ok so nothing to say why you shouldn't do it. I don't really know anyone who did extension accounting (I did extension chemistry). I felt it was much easier to score 4.5-5/5  than getting a 45-50 in a vce subject so if you are confident in your other subjects I would reccomend doing a uni subject.

Generally uni extension subjects are
a bludge for 4.0/5 (70-79  average)
decent effort required for 4.5/5 (80-89 average)
a lot of effort required for 5.0/5 (90-100 average) (still very possible though)

don't know about accounting but this is what I know for extension: biology, maths, chemistry and biomed