Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:42 pm

Author Topic: Should I do science Monash or melb?  (Read 569 times)  Share 

VC2020

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Should I do science Monash or melb?
« on: August 08, 2020, 09:34:23 pm »
Hey ppl,
Just a quick question in regards to the bachelor of science.
I have not undertaken methods 3/4 which is a prerequisite for science at Melbourne. But there is a bridging course which can be completed to demonstrate you have completed the equivalent of 3/4 methods, or should I just do science at Monash (Methods is not required). The end goal is to do possibly dentistry or Doctor of veterinary med, still thinking about it, I also am aware that these postgrads are not offered at Monash, so is it worth just doing the science at melb or even transfer or is this too difficult?
Thanks for the help ppl <3

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Should I do science Monash or melb?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 01:33:31 pm »
+1
Both are valid options and the choice is up to you because these paths are suitable for different people.

The bridging course would be good if you’re adamant about doing the BSci at UoM only. It might be a shorter route but you might end up rushing the basics of Methods as a result.

The Monash to Melbourne transfer is a popular route and works also. The grades for transfer are usually 70+ WAM, which is considered to be relatively average/ slightly higher than average. Might take a little longer and AFAIK, UoM postgrad courses will take anyone who fulfils the prerequisites as long as they apply and are competitive enough, regardless of the institute they went to for their undergrad course. So, if you fail to transfer, you can still apply as long as your fulfil all the prerequisites.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

VC2020

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Should I do science Monash or melb?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »
Cool, thanks for the info !!