Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:52 am

Author Topic: Literary Critique  (Read 934 times)  Share 

leo0008

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Literary Critique
« on: October 30, 2018, 11:56:07 am »
My teacher made me aware of adding a literary critique in the text response and comparative text response
This is where in the intro you refer back towards someone giving a review of the texts. For example  'Critic Eileen Battersly highlights the novel as “tough, intelligent”, thus representing the unique aspects of the novel which link with major themes in the novel'

Does anyone know about this and if so could you offer any other information about this

Thanks

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Literary Critique
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:09:53 pm »
I wouldn’t out right quote them as examiners want to see your interpretation and engagement with the text. Instead I use literary critiques to build on my understanding and help cultivate my interpretations.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Literary Critique
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 12:21:50 pm »
+3
My teacher made me aware of adding a literary critique in the text response and comparative text response
This is where in the intro you refer back towards someone giving a review of the texts. For example  'Critic Eileen Battersly highlights the novel as “tough, intelligent”, thus representing the unique aspects of the novel which link with major themes in the novel'

Does anyone know about this and if so could you offer any other information about this

Thanks

I'd generally steer clear of incorporating the responses of critics into your text response. This is something that is more aligned with the section B response of VCE Literature. VCE English places a great weight on your personal ability to examine authorial intent, and your own voice. Therefore, there is the concern that the voices of critics will detract from the crux of the task.
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale