Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:50:44 pm

Author Topic: Early Entry/Scholarships for HSC 2019 student?  (Read 1282 times)  Share 

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
Early Entry/Scholarships for HSC 2019 student?
« on: January 28, 2019, 06:27:38 pm »
Hey peeps!
I just wanted to know what UNI's offer Early Entry (particularly UTS/UNSW/USYD) before main rounds, and how/when to apply?
I don't think I'm eligible for EAS (damn privilege...) and I go to a 250ish ranked school.
I'm looking to study Commerce.
Also, I was wondering what type of scholarships are available for non-disadvantaged students for the course/uni's?
Much appreciated! <3
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

charlottemchenry

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: Early Entry/Scholarships for HSC 2019 student?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »
+2
You may be able to apply for schools recommendation scheme however some unis EAS as a considering factor.

If you google "*insert uni* early offers" you should be able to see.

I don't think UTS, UNSW and USYD do many early offers outside of SRS but some faculties have specific programs so worth googling.

Uni's I do know do early offer that are definitely worth applying to even as a backup are Wollongong, Western Sydney, Macquarie, Notre Dame and ACU. Applications are typically around June/July but I'd definitely be looking as soon as April to be sure you don't miss out.

In terms of scholarships I was in a similar position to you and wasn't eligible for much however you may be eligible for academic scholarships (if you get around the 95+ atar) or community service scholarships. There are also scholarships for particular courses but again just google "*insert uni* scholarships" and many of them - UNSW for sure - have a search tool to see. I believe UNSW has a few that are offered regardless of financial disadvantage but definitely google soon and just keep notes of key dates as its hard to apply last minute as often need school references.

Hope this helps and good luck.
HSC 2018 - Standard English [88] || Mathematics [89] || Biology [89] || Chemistry [83] || Legal Studies [92] || Studies of Religion 1 [45]

Atar:

UTS 2019 - Bachelor of Advanced Science (Infection and Immunity) and Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
  • Respect: +15
Re: Early Entry/Scholarships for HSC 2019 student?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:11:03 pm »
Awesome! Thank you heaps.
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D