Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:29 pm

Author Topic: Psychology Q&A with the ATAR Notes Psych Lecturer  (Read 16100 times)  Share 

amigos

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
Re: Psychology Q&A with the ATAR Notes Psych Lecturer
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2017, 05:29:44 pm »
+1
Hey everyone!!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has finished the AOS on research methods(my school is reluctant to start it for some reason- but I'd like to get ahead). What SAC did you have to complete on this, or more specifically, what is the poster you have to complete about??

The poster is essentially the ERA from the previous study design, with some stuff cut out or added in, in a poster format. For our study, we were allowed to do anything as long as it was based off another study previously done.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Psychology Q&A with the ATAR Notes Psych Lecturer
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2017, 07:49:26 pm »
Hey everyone!!!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has finished the AOS on research methods(my school is reluctant to start it for some reason- but I'd like to get ahead). What SAC did you have to complete on this, or more specifically, what is the poster you have to complete about??

We have completed ours, and at my school we could pick any experiment relating to stress, memory or learning as long as we got it approved by the teacher. I chose to test if recall or recognition was a more sensitive measure of retention. In the poster you discuss relevant background information and previous research, your experiment (inc hypothesis aim etc) and how it followed scientific methodology, what the results were (using descriptive and inferential statistics), and discuss the results and their implications.