Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:49 pm

Author Topic: ATAR Notes Course Notes, ATAR Notes Topic Tests or Nelson A+ Notes?  (Read 2194 times)  Share 

amanda4

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
I am deciding which of these to buy for 3/4 Methods to use for study in addition to my own notes. Were they helpful when you used them? Are the questions from the topic tests from VCAA? Thanks  :D

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: ATAR Notes Course Notes, ATAR Notes Topic Tests or Nelson A+ Notes?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 08:53:45 pm »
I only had the course notes, and I found them extremely useful, clearly elucidating all the theory and concepts.

I ended up taking the course notes in as my bound reference for the end of year exam 2...

Highly recommend. :D
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

exit

• Forum Obsessive
  • COALESCE
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 03:03:56 am »
Topics tests are mix of original questions and a few from VCAA to 'simulate' doing actual VCAA questions.

Course notes summarise the course which is more useful than reading the textbook. However, most of your Methods revision should come from doing past questions rather than reading the theory.
VCE [ATAR: 99.25]: Physics 1/2, English 1/2, EngLang,Methods, Spesh, Accounting, Chem, German

2018-2021: Bachelor Of Commerce @ University of Melbourne
VCE English Language: A+ Short Answer Guide[pm for extra guidance!]

DarwinsFinches

• Adventurer
  • More basic than acidic.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 07:47:50 am »
I used the AtarNotes topic tests book for Methods and it was really helpful in preparing for SACS and identifying weak areas. This is because the book is separated by topic so you can see which type of questions you get wrong and improve on them.

Hope that helps! :)
VCE - Class of '18
2017: Biology [43]
2018: Literature [43], Chemistry [41], Further Maths [44], Legal Studies [39], Maths Methods [34].
ATAR: 97.55
2019: Bachelor of Science @ The University of Melbourne