Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:41:10 am

Author Topic: Diffraction Gratings  (Read 2017 times)  Share 

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Diffraction Gratings
« on: July 06, 2020, 09:35:04 am »
Hey guys, do we need to know the maths behind diffraction gratings? It is in the syllabus but I'm not sure whether it is referring to just pracs or to know maths/science for diffraction gratings like we do for double-slit experiments.

Thanks!

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Diffraction Gratings
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 07:18:20 pm »
+3
Hey guys, do we need to know the maths behind diffraction gratings? It is in the syllabus but I'm not sure whether it is referring to just pracs or to know maths/science for diffraction gratings like we do for double-slit experiments.

Thanks!

Hey BakerDad12!

Within the syllabus it states "Analyse Quantitatively", meaning you may have to find the slit separation or the like as seen below from the syllabus:

I think you might be asked to:
💥Find the distance between the slits of the diffraction grating itself
💥Outline an experiment related to this concept
💥Give you a scenario regarding finding any other the other variables found in the formula (Which you will have to rearrange):

\[dsin\theta = m\lambda\]
Just to make sure you understand this dot point, practice as many past questions as you can to get a feel of what kinds of questions are commonly asked in the HSC. :D

I hope this helps!
Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 07:40:10 pm by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5