Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 06:39:06 pm

Author Topic: EMF = Blv  (Read 4434 times)  Share 

onlyfknhuman

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: EMF = Blv
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 05:40:47 pm »
Ah yeah, how would you determine which end the charge builds up on? I don't see how you can do this with RH grip rule?
Right hand slap rule. The force on a positive charge moving with a velocity in the direction of your thumb, through a magnetic field in the direction of your fingers (when out straight), will be perpendicular to your palm (in the direction you would 'slap'.)

Slap a bitch how i remember it :D

Mark_alec can you check what i wrote in the other thread about diffraction.
English - VCD - Methods - Physics - Chemistry - Art - Japanese

give me the name list of all the hot chicks u know  ;)

matteh

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 09:00:14 pm »
you dont have the force.. all you have is whats stated in the question (my 2nd post)

onlyfknhuman

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 09:10:38 pm »
"An aeroplane with a wing span of 25 meters is flying over the south magnetic pole located within the Antartic, at 540 km hr^-1. The magnetic field with this region is vertically orientated and the magnetic field strength is 6.0 x 10^-5 T"

--- "What is the magnitude of the emf induced across the wing tips?"

there's a diagram with a plane and field lines underneath it pointing up towards it, here are the solutions by tsfx..

"velocity = 540 = ms−
emf = Bl v = 6.0 × 10−5 × 25 ×150 = 0.23V (0.225V )"

omg dude... improvise a bit.

Lenz law, right hand grip rule. as long as you know the direction of current you can find it.

Hence the field of earth initially increases the flux hitting the plane.. hence the plane will respond to counter act this and induce, flux in the opposite direction. from this you can find out the direction of current = direction of postive charge.
English - VCD - Methods - Physics - Chemistry - Art - Japanese

give me the name list of all the hot chicks u know  ;)

NGUB

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:19 am »
No, i think it's not on the course, i remember doing the same question on tsfx 2006 i think, but i asked my teacher and she said it's not on the course, and they're not supposed to ask it.