Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:18:34 pm

Author Topic: Forbidden's VCE Journal  (Read 12669 times)

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
Re: Forbidden's VCE Journal
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 07:31:41 pm »
Here it is, behold the glory of the Rugby Top!
Spoiler
Back:
Front:

EDIT: Oops, forgive the extra large and warped images.
VCE
Spoiler
2017: Psychology [45]
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
ATAR: 98.4
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler
Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2018, 07:46:47 pm »
+9
I promise I do not die for like 3 weeks (or in this case, almost 4) every time I do an update (once again, this entry is going to be quite long ahaha). Holidays went by wayyy too quickly. I actually can't believe we've started Term 3 and that I'll be free of school in exactly 4 months... Before I go onto subjects and finish off last term's SAC's, I'll start off how (un)productive my holidays were. On the last day of school, I went out with some friends and we had lunch, then played pool (like tradition).

I was so happy since I could do absolutely nothing for a few days, but then I remembered I signed up to do a case competition with some friends which was due on the Tuesday of the first week of the holidays. So basically, we (there were 3 of us) went into this with a positive attitude first, then continued for the lols and the memes. The case we got was a neobank, and strategies they could implement in their next update to make them a more reputable brand and start earning profit. So basically, we worked half day everyday from Saturday to Tuesday (since it was due 5 pm Tuesday). We absolutely did not think we did that well to be honest, and we just aimed to get it the presentation finished. So, what we had to do now was sent it into the judges to judge our presentation, and if they liked our idea, we would get invited to the regional finals held THAT Saturday. Come Thursday, when the result came out, we were ecstatic we got in since we didn't expect such an outcome at all. So, on Saturday, we went to the venue they told us to in the city, and gave our presentation. The judges were nice and seems knowledgable, but I lost a bit of hope when they were asking us questions and I could see their faces just blank. After we did our presentation, another friend and I left because we had to go somewhere, but our third team member stayed behind since they were announcing the results at 4 pm. And what do you know, we got 3rd place! We actually couldn't believe it, out of the 8 teams that came to the regional finals, we were the finalists for Melbourne, meaning we got into the global finals in Canberra. So long story short, even though we got in, we won't be going because the timing of the finals in really bad, since it's in between so many SAC's for us, as well as our team member not thinking we should go since we have to pay for our flight to Canberra, accomodation, and food (since they think this seems dodgy), and they're not sponsoring this at all. But the experience we got was quite nice and I learnt a lot.

Apart from the event, my holidays were quite chill. I started school work on Wednesday, and basically just started to catch up on holiday homework and get a bit ahead of class. I went out a few times during the holidays (last week basically), to play laser tag and watch a movie, as well as a few birthdays. Last Friday, I also went to an economics lecture/event Melbourne Uni held, which basically talked about careers and pathways into economics and they also gave us tips for the final economics exam.

English Language: Okay, so I didn't do as well as I hoped. My prediction of how I went on SA was basically spot on, and even though I spent the most time on it, I choked it the hardest. I was disappointed, but seeing how I went on my AC made me feel a bit better. I improved from last time, and while it was only an improvement of 2 marks (from 24 to 26/30), this puts me in the higher range of marks for the AC. So basically, a reverse of the last SAC happened. This time, my AC carried me and my SA let me down. I also had to ask my teacher multiple times for a single mark (yes I'm one of those people) so that my grade could get bumped to the next letter. We started a bit of Unit 4 last term, but not in too much detail. However, I'm not too enthralled about the content in this Unit, and much preferred the content in Unit 3.

Legal Studies: I did the same as I did last SAC. While it's an extremely good score, I feel like I could have easily not lost the 2 marks I did. So, what I basically see from this is that I know my stuff well, but just need to make it 'individual' as to it can't be confused with another part of my answer, and basically work on my expression. We have our first SAC for U4 in 4 weeks, and we're halfway through AoS1. Hopefully we actually finish this on time with enough time for revision, unlike every time in U3.

Economics: I'm quite disappointed and disheartened by how I went in this. I walked out really confident with how I went since I knew how to answer every question and spent more than a week on revision, but I lost 2 marks on really really really (really need to emphasise this) silly mistakes. When talking about an decrease in AD, I talked about how some factor would lead to a decrease in exports, but then proceeded to write rise in X and fall in M... Another example of a stupid mistake was when a question asked about how the CAFA could rise, I did this so many times on practice SAC's and knew the answer, but on the actual SAC I only wrote one part of the answer and forgot to write down the sale of Australian assets to overseas buyers. So, yeah, as you can guess I'm a little annoyed (plus, RIP rank 1 :( ).

Accounting: Okay so, I didn't screw up the question about the GST, my friend made me paranoid. I did decent, but could have done better if I read the question more carefully. The substitute teacher initially didn't give me any consequential marks, so the original mark I got was lower than what I got in the end. I'm also a bit sad since I'm one mark off an A+ for this as well ahaha. But, he's finally gone! Our normal teacher was back today and everyone honestly felt like celebrating.

Methods: Hahahah, what a joke. I'd rather not go into this detail about this SAC, or the next SAC we'll get back. But I did pretty bad in this, and I've already accepted this is in my bottom 2 (which I suspected at the start of the year). Our normal teacher is on long service leave, so we have a replacement teacher, and from what I've heard so far, she's quite good. So, hopefully, the last SAC I do for methods I can actually do well in.
VCE
Spoiler
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler

fwefefef

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2018, 02:17:10 pm »
Very cool! Congratulations!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »
+4
Oops, procrastination took a whole new level. A lot has happened in the month and day since I last posted. The last few weeks were extremely stressful, primarily due to me having my Legal and Accounting SAC on Wednesday last week, coupled with Eco (Part 1) and Eng Lang on that Friday. This was continued by Eco (Part 2) on Monday this week. I feel like I say this every post, but I can't believe so much time has already passed, and I can't believe we're about to start Week 6 of the term. Here I was dreading the week from Hell a few weeks ago, to being through it and getting most my results next week...

Legal Studies: I can safely say we deviated away from the norm of not finishing content in time for revision, since we actually finished the content for the SAC basically a week and half before the SAC and moved onto U4AoS2. I'm a little annoyed by what was on the SAC, since it was very similar and rote based content to what was on the practice SAC we received, rather than more application type questions (if that makes sense). I also felt I performed poorly on this because I forgot to write to the detail that was needed for some parts, and this will (probably) be affirmed tomorrow when we get our SAC back. The other class (with a different teacher) got theirs back last week, and they got decent scores. During our last lesson, our teacher said that he was a bit upset since he is pretty sure our class got significantly lower than the other class.

Accounting: Accounting has been great so far this term. With our original teacher, things are back in motion and we are actually learning about accounting, rather than things like Chinese tea. The SAC we had was content I felt I had a good grasp on, and I think this was reflected in the SAC. I'll know whether I thought I knew the content tomorrow, when we get back this SAC tomorrow too. We also have a 'mini' SAC next Friday which covers a chapter and half of disposal of NCA's and balance day adjustments for revenue.

Economics: The pace we finished U4AoS1 was so fast. We finished budgetary policy in about 2 weeks and monetary in like a week and a half. We had two SAC's for AoS1, one on budgetary, and one on monetary. Our teacher is actually great, since I got back both of these this week, especially considering we just had the monetary policy SAC on Monday. I did pretty well, better than how I think I went. Continued reminiscence on what I wrote before getting results probably wasn't helpful as it brought down my expectation through me thinking I forgot to write some crucial detail. We've started looking at AS policies, which looks to be a pretty short chapter. In accordance, we have a SAC on it relatively soon in around 3 weeks.

Methods: The replacement teacher we have is quite good. We finished the whole course last week and I've managed to understand probability and stats better and quicker than most of the earlier stuff in the course. We still haven't gotten our second SAC back, which we did a couple of months ago, so yeah. We're just going to be doing revision of earlier topics for the new week or so, and we also have our last SAC in around 3 weeks.

English Language: I prefer the content we covered in U3, that isn't to say the content we've covered in U4 isn't useful or interesting to an extent. One thing I'm annoyed about is I've had about 10-15 less classes for Eng Lang compared to my other subjects throughout the whole year, so I felt and feel a bit 'less prepared' for Eng Lang SAC's. Our last SAC wasn't something I was too happy about, since my brain wasn't in the best state having done 3 SAC's in the last 2 days. I choked the AC quite hard, and basically blabbered on and bs'ed. I guess the same could be said for the essay, which was on cultural identity being reflected through the language we used. The arguments I had were solid, but I think I didn't unwrap them enough. I have no idea when we'll be getting this back.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2018, 06:50:36 pm »
+3
Uhh, so if you couldn't tell, I'm getting really lazy this time of year. I finished the term yesterday since we had trial exams this whole week, and I finished all my ones yesterday. I can't believe there's less than 2 months from when I finish my last exam, time has actually gone by so quickly. I've been taking a break since yesterday, and probably will continue to do until Sunday. This whole week was really tiring, because I had my Eco trial exam on Monday, Legal on Tuesday, then Methods 1, Eng Lang AND Accounting on Wednesday, followed by Methods 2 on Thursday. I'm planning to relearn all the content for my subjects, and complete a few trial exams so I'm in a good position for the exams in a bit more than a month. I also finalised by UAC application and paid for it, while I've finalised the VTAC application but I'll pay for it in a couple of days.

Legal: So we ended up getting our SAC, and I did around what I expected I'd get, albeit I was hoping for a bit more. Our next SAC isn't till next term, so I have the holidays to get ready for it. We finished the whole course a few weeks ago, however rushed it was, and had just been revising for the trial exam. As for that, I literally studied for it a night or two before, so I was quite surprised I remembered a lot of the stuff. I feel like I blabbered on for some of the questions, and didn't address the key components of the question, as well as forgetting to add a bit of detail into the longer extended response questions such as the cost range for mediation. I guess I'll see how we go when we get it back next term.

Accounting: The 'mini' SAC went decently well. We got our mark back, but haven't gotten the actual SAC back, so I don't know where I went wrong. Our teacher decided to teach us performance evaluation first rather than budgeting, since she thought budgeting was fairly easy to learn at a later stage, and that performance evaluations were the rather tricky ones. We had our SAC on this a bit more than a week ago, and I think I went alright apart from 1 question which screwed me a bit because it was a discuss question, and I couldn't think of the other side to talk about. After the SAC, we started budgeting, which seems fairly easy to understand, as well as account reconstructions. As for the trial exam, I think I did well apart from a few questions, which I realised after the trial. For instance, we had to do a correcting entry against a bank statement, and I forgot the statement included GST, so my correcting entry was based on the amount in the bank statement plus the GST on top of that.

Economics: We finished AoS2 relatively quickly as well, and basically spent the last 2 or 3 weeks doing revision for the whole year. We also had our SAC on it, which I was a bit disappointed about since I lost rank 1 because of a very, very foolish mistake of writing cost inflation rather than demand inflation for what AD policies lead to. :( In terms of the whole year's worth of content, I'm feeling I can relearn it well enough for the actual exam, considering I understood most of it when I was studying for the trial. As for the trial, I feel I did well, but there were a few questions I was unsure about because of the wording, and for a few questions the mark allocation seemed a bit off.

Methods: Yeah, safe to say this is my worst subject by far. We got our second SAC, which was even more depressing than the first. We also had our last SAC which was on probability, which was really long. For tech free, I think like 90% of people didn't finish since our school crammed 60 marks into 40 minutes. For tech active, I found some parts a bit challenging and couldn't do all of them. I also didn't do that well for the trial exam, since I didn't know how to do questions on both tech free and tech active. I probably could have done more of the tech active, if I hadn't inputted the equation wrong into my CAS (which somehow happened even after me rechecking it like 3 times).

Eng Lang: We got our SAC back, and like I thought, I didn't do the best since I did a bit worse than I expected. We had another SAC on AoS2 about individual and group identities last week, and I think I did better this time around. I feel confident about how I went for short answer, but not as much for the essay. So, I'll be practising writing a lot of these over the holidays, as I feel they're my weakest out of the 3 sections of the exam. As for the trial, a similar sorta story follows. Short answer was decent, but I got stumped by a question which asked to talk about the types of adjectives used and how they contributed to the social purpose. I don't know any other than empty, so I don't think my answer was worth the 4 marks allocated to the question. I think was AC was pretty decent, but my essay was a bit rushed and repetitive since I thought I had less time than I actually did, if that makes sense.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 06:40:44 pm »
+4
I totally did not forget about this. The economics exam is tomorrow and I'm relaxing(?) by making this post. So, a lot has happened since my last post. We finished school! I've been at home since last Monday basically, 'revising' for all my subjects. I'm quite happy I finish school forever in basically 2 weeks and 2 days, when I have my Eng Lang exam.

Legal: The next SAC I was talking about, that didn't go so well. I ended up getting the 2nd lowest SAC score for any of my subjects (excluding methods), so I kind of lost motivation to do legal for a bit. However, that was kind of brought back up when I got the trial exam back, in which I did surprisingly well (one off an A+), even though I was not ready for it at all. Over SWOTVAC, I just basically tried remembering content and getting that engrained, as well as doing a couple of practice questions. I plan to do exams after my eco exam tomorrow.

Accounting: So the performance evaluation SAC wasn't too bad, nor was it that great. I have a feeling our teacher marked a bit too harshly, but oh well, it's good practice for the exam. We also had our budgeting SAC, which I plan on getting after my eco exam tomorrow. I think I did pretty well on that, considering I got my balance sheet to balance on the first few tries (and some people couldn't get theirs to balance at all). We also got the trial exam back, in which I did decently, but could have done better if I didn't make stupid mistakes, so I'm confident about the actual exam for this. I'll start full fledged on this once eco is done tomorrow.

Economics: We got the trial exam back, and I was a bit disappointed given I spent the most time studying for this exam (albeit my score was decent). The only year 11 in our cohort (who's in our class), got the highest score on the trial exam, so our teacher decided to give him the economics prize at speech night. I was a bit saddened, and that kinda demoralised me from doing eco the day that got announced. But, I've worked really hard over the year at this generally, and am quite confident in my ability for tomorrow. Hopefully, I can ace it (given I don't rush and make stupid mistakes like always).

Methods: Yeah, so like always, the probability SAC we got back wasn't the greatest, so I won't talk about it. I didn't perform well for the trial exam either. But, I've been working through this since the term 3 holidays, and was pretty happy with my performance, since I've been usually getting A's for tech free and (sometimes) tech active for the past VCAA papers. I'll focus more on this once eco is done tomorrow.

Eng Lang: We got our trial exam back, which was absolutely horrific, as the average for the cohort was around 50%. I think this may have been partly due to the examiner our school used not being an Eng Lang teacher (just a thought). Because of that, I didn't feel the trial exam was really useful because I didn't get proper feedback which I could implement in the exam. But good news, I was quite happy with how I went on the final SAC. If I can write an essay similar to that on the exam, I'm sure I'll do really well. I've just been waiting for my teacher to get back to me with feedback on essay's I submitted to him, so I'll start focusing more on Eng Lang after eco is done tomorrow as well.
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
+6
Even though my last exam was almost a month ago, and results are out in 2 days, I guess better late than never! I've finally finished school, woohoo. I'm quite happy that I still have around 2 and a half months of not having to do anything. But this last month has gone in a blur. I haven't even realised it's been almost a month since my last exam, because I can still feel like I just did it last week. I'm anxious about results on Friday, because I don't think I went the best in most my exams, but nonetheless I'm hoping I can get the score I need for the course I want to do. I'll talk about individual exams today, and then depending on how depressed or happy I am, I'll make another post on Friday (and be on time).

Economics:This wasn't too bad, I think I screwed up a bit in the last few questions because I wrote about something about the ageing population in a question asking about immigration. I also screwed up like the most easiest question which asked to draw an expansion in supply, and I had a freeze so II just drew an arrow which pointed up the curve. There was a weird question, the 8 marker, which I only had a page and a quarter response for (instead of the 2 pages provided). In all the past exams, this kind of question was only a 6 marker at max. Other than that, I think I did decently.

Methods: I was quite content with how I went for exam 1, since, I got most of the questions. I was actually confident I could get a 40+ if I performed as well in exam 2 as I did in exam 1. But no, that wasn't how the story was going to go. I choked quite a few MC's in exam 2 because I speedily did the question and didn't fully read it. I didn't know how to do a few of the extended response questions, especially the last few pages, so I'm not too optimistic about Friday.

Accounting: Surprisingly, there wasn't a lot of theory in this exam. But, in saying that, the paper was really long (imo). As a result, I had to rush through a few questions, especially the Cash Flow Statement. As a result, I made a silly mistake in that by not including the Prepaid Advertising, which meant I was off by $1k. I made a few other mistakes which I realised after the exam, but hopefully I did better than I think.

Legal Studies: When I was flicking through the exam in reading time, I thought the exam wasn't too bad. I was wrong when I actually looked at it in depth when doing the questions. I was really surprised and disappointed we weren't asked much on case studies, since I had learnt quite a few in depth. Instead, we got a lot of scenarios (looking at you tanning beds) which didn't really require too much thought with case studies. I also did really poorly on the 10 marker, as I didn't write about alternative methods of suggesting law reform, so I think I only got 5 or 6 out of 10 max for it.

English Language: This was by far my worst exam, which sucks because it's the most important one. I got stuck on one of the questions for short answer, so I left half of that question to do later. I felt like my AC was decent, probably could have talked about a few more things thinking back on it. However, I did the worst in the essay. I chose question 9 but misinterpreted it, so I talked about generic identity as opposed to what the question asked. I also mismanaged my time, because I thought I had 15 minutes more than we actually had. As a result, I couldn't finish the conclusion for my essay, and didn't get to complete half the short answer question I left. I'm really disappointed with how I went on this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:20:30 pm by forbiddensoulxx »
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2018, 03:47:08 pm »
+9
Today was the day. I was quite anxious, and as a result got up a good few hours before I normally do on a holiday. When I logged onto the site, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I somehow managed to get 50 for Eco. I was ecstatic and literally jumping up and down. Also, I feel like I underestimate how I do quite a bit, because I like to prepare for the worst (since I thought I'd get 46 for eco, and 41 for accounting) So, these are the total scores I got (not including scaling here):

- Economics: 50
- Accounting: 46
- Legal: 42
- Eng Lang: 36 (Big rip)
- Methods: 37
- Psychology: 45 (from last year)

which worked to give an ATAR of 98.4

I'm a bit confounded by the Eng Lang score, because I got a C+ on the exam (even though I thought I would get B at the very least), but still not a terrible study score. I was quite surprised by accounting and was totally not expecting to do this well. Legal I was expecting about this much, but could have done tons better if I didn't choke the extended response part. Methods was also somewhat expected given my poor performance in exam 2. Nonetheless, I'm really, really happy since I should get into my first preference of Comm/Law at both Monash and ANU. Now, the question I have to answer is where I want to go out of the two (which I will decide at a later stage).

Well, it's been a great year. Even though the year had a few ups and downs, ultimately, in the end I'm confident I gave it my best shot and as result got what I wanted. Thank you to everyone who followed my journey and allowed me to rant about (sometimes) random issues. Hope you guys achieved what you wanted this year, and good luck for next year!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:50:01 pm by forbiddensoulxx »
VCE
Spoiler

Uni
Spoiler