Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:11:01 am

Author Topic: HSC Geography Exam Discussion!!  (Read 10607 times)  Share 

Annie657

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
Re: HSC Geography Exam Discussion!!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:02:30 pm »
Did anyone attempt the essay question on global economic activity?

Yep I did! It was my favourite of all 3 :)
2017 HSC: Adv English | Mathematics | Maths Ext 1 | Chemistry | Biology | Geography |

2018-2022: MBBS at Western Sydney University :)

HSCNewcastle2017

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 10:31:57 pm »
Yep I did! It was my favourite of all 3 :)

Good to hear. I found it quite challenging but I suppose it depends on which economic activity you have studied.

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:34:44 pm »
Guys you do realise there was already one set up at https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?board=2617.0
But oh well.

I thought it was alright but didn't really give much opportunity to show off my skills. I did urban places and ecosystems but think I completely went off my plan and went on a tangent or 2 argh. Oh well it wasn't too hard, wasn't too easy, and regardless of what NESA thinks of my performance in this one exam I do know my geo stuff hehe
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

lcamilleri.53

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 06:07:04 am »
If you did ecosystems at risk for the essay can you get marked down if you chose the same ecosystem for the essay and and 6-mark short answer because I ended up doing GBR for both even though we studied another ecosystem

lcamilleri.53

• Trailblazer
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 06:14:52 am »
Also I thought that there was barely anything (if any at all) that you could incorporate from the stimulus booklet into your essays

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 10:34:45 am »
Also I thought that there was barely anything (if any at all) that you could incorporate from the stimulus booklet into your essays
Yeah I did the same thing with the Great Barrier Reef too. I don't think you'll get marked down cause all the parts are marked by seperate criteria. In terms of the stimulus it doesn't help that the ecosystems essay asked for one ecosystem so you can't even use the waterfall.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--