Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:50:42 am

Author Topic: I don’t know what score I can achieve at the end of year 12  (Read 1432 times)  Share 

YussifK

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
My head is spinning from an 80 then going down to 70 then thinking I’ll be able to ivy get a 60 atar...

To be ho eat I don’t o ow what aim for these days

Thank you people hope for the best in 2020
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: I don’t know what score I can achieve at the end of year 12
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 10:15:34 am »
+8
My head is spinning from an 80 then going down to 70 then thinking I’ll be able to ivy get a 60 atar...

To be ho eat I don’t o ow what aim for these days

Thank you people hope for the best in 2020

Hey YussifK,
I think you just need to strive to achieve the highest possible scores on your assessments and continually improve from past assessments it's very easy to get caught up in the numbers game but I think you would be better off striving for the highest marks you can get on assessments.
I don't think it's about having to get 100% but rather how you can improve from your mistakes :)
I personally have a exercise book where everytime i get a question wrong I write it out and if its a multiple-choice the answers are at the bottom of the page or if its short answer or extended response its on the back of the page

I think you should definitely have an ATAR goal if thats what will motivate you but make sure that your goal isnt placing unnecessary stress on you - you just have to do the best you can and thats subjective cause to me i know in certain subjects my best is 100% and in other subjects its 85% it varies and you need to make sure your goal is yours and not your friends, or parents or anyone elses goals
You got this, you can do anything you set your mind to.
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:27:21 am »
+4
Hey Yussif,

Yes, it is important to have an aim but when it gets to the point where thinking about the numbers makes your head spin, it might be helpful to just try your best and not focus too much on them.

In regards to ATARs, you are capable of getting any number that is possible with the system. There may be obstacles during VCE, but even if they do affect your performance, there is always a way into your preferred uni course.

Please don't let a number define your worth or your capabilities. Tests and exams are not you as a person. By the time you get to uni, the ATAR buzz will diminish and not many people will care about it anymore.

You're in Year 11 next year, so you have time to work out what kind of approach to schooling suits you and your strengths and weaknesses.

All the best :)

Edit: beaten by J_Rho
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:29:37 am by lm21074 »
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 10:40:52 am »
+1
Hey YussifK,
I think you just need to strive to achieve the highest possible scores on your assessments and continually improve from past assessments it's very easy to get caught up in the numbers game but I think you would be better off striving for the highest marks you can get on assessments.
I don't think it's about having to get 100% but rather how you can improve from your mistakes :)
I personally have a exercise book where everytime i get a question wrong I write it out and if its a multiple-choice the answers are at the bottom of the page or if its short answer or extended response its on the back of the page
(Image removed from quote.)
I think you should definitely have an ATAR goal if thats what will motivate you but make sure that your goal isnt placing unnecessary stress on you - you just have to do the best you can and thats subjective cause to me i know in certain subjects my best is 100% and in other subjects its 85% it varies and you need to make sure your goal is yours and not your friends, or parents or anyone elses goals
You got this, you can do anything you set your mind to.

Thanks for your replies (like always it makes me feel less stressed when I get a reply from you, thank you for the tips.. that’s a very good idea to note down the mistakes I’ve made in a book, I havent  experienced year 11, I hope it’s way different to year 10 that year done my head in, I was very confused when it came to sacs, cause half of the time there was information (questions)that I haven’t learnt from the teachers, and in year 10 I had no text book for revision... (I hope year 11 and 12 is different I hope it’s better organising what information is important for sacs and exams, that’s when I can shine,

Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 10:43:09 am »
Hey Yussif,

Yes, it is important to have an aim but when it gets to the point where thinking about the numbers makes your head spin, it might be helpful to just try your best and not focus too much on them.

In regards to ATARs, you are capable of getting any number that is possible with the system. There may be obstacles during VCE, but even if they do affect your performance, there is always a way into your preferred uni course.

Please don't let a number define your worth or your capabilities. Tests and exams are not you as a person. By the time you get to uni, the ATAR buzz will diminish and not many people will care about it anymore.

You're in Year 11 next year, so you have time to work out what kind of approach to schooling suits you and your strengths and weaknesses.

All the best :)

Edit: beaten by J_Rho

Thanks for your reply, the thing is I come from a family who want an atar of 70+ I hate my life man.
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 10:58:09 am »
+7
Thanks for your reply, the thing is I come from a family who want an atar of 70+ I hate my life man.

Thanks for your replies (like always it makes me feel less stressed when I get a reply from you, thank you for the tips.. that’s a very good idea to note down the mistakes I’ve made in a book, I havent  experienced year 11, I hope it’s way different to year 10 that year done my head in, I was very confused when it came to sacs, cause half of the time there was information (questions)that I haven’t learnt from the teachers, and in year 10 I had no text book for revision... (I hope year 11 and 12 is different I hope it’s better organising what information is important for sacs and exams, that’s when I can shine,

Yeah, 11 is definitely different to Year 10 in my experience - year 10 was SO pointless and it sucked but going into VCE was a refreshing change to every other year of school. I do think Year 11 will be different as the teachers will be teaching what is in the study design which will also allow you to know exactly what you need to know for each area of study so hypothetically if you had a useless teacher and the only info you got was that you had a sac on 'unit 1 area of study 1' you could go to the study design and you'd know exactly what to study.  An ATAR of 70+ is definitely achievable and if you work really hard and do your best I can almost guarantee you'll be surprised with your result at the end of Year 12
— VCE —

— University —

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:05 pm »

Yeah, 11 is definitely different to Year 10 in my experience - year 10 was SO pointless and it sucked but going into VCE was a refreshing change to every other year of school. I do think Year 11 will be different as the teachers will be teaching what is in the study design which will also allow you to know exactly what you need to know for each area of study so hypothetically if you had a useless teacher and the only info you got was that you had a sac on 'unit 1 area of study 1' you could go to the study design and you'd know exactly what to study.  An ATAR of 70+ is definitely achievable and if you work really hard and do your best I can almost guarantee you'll be surprised with your result at the end of Year 12

Finally, I feel a bit relieved so got an upcoming sac should I study my notes and also my textbooks, anything else ??
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 02:00:08 pm »
+1
Finally, I feel a bit relieved so got an upcoming sac should I study my notes and also my textbooks, anything else ??
You could see if anyone else has notes on the area of study your sac is on so you can make sure youre notes arent missing anything, use the study design and see what dot points you need to know for the sac. what class is the sac for?
— VCE —

— University —

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 09:53:45 am »
You could see if anyone else has notes on the area of study your sac is on so you can make sure youre notes arent missing anything, use the study design and see what dot points you need to know for the sac. what class is the sac for?

Sorry for the questions but what do you mean “see what dotpoints I need to know”
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 10:24:18 am »
+4
Sorry for the questions but what do you mean “see what dotpoints I need to know”

Look at the study design on VCAA's website (here) for your particular subject. If you scroll down to the relevant unit, you will see the entire course and everything you need to know outlined in dot points. By making sure you are comfortable with each point, you are ensuring that you enter the SAC confident in all the topics covered.

Hope this helps!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash