Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:54:13 am

Author Topic: State ranks  (Read 4120 times)  Share 

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
State ranks
« on: December 08, 2017, 10:00:32 pm »
Has anyone been notified that they have state ranked in anything thus far? Does anyone know when they usually begin notifying students and when they stop?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: State ranks
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:01:55 pm »
+5
1st in course would usually be notified around or by now so that they can RSVP for the awards ceremony.

Everything else is released on the same day as the release of HSC results

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:29:13 pm »
1st in course would usually be notified around or by now so that they can RSVP for the awards ceremony.

Everything else is released on the same day as the release of HSC results

Yesss presumed that would be the case but saw some people on the fb discussion group thinking the rest of state ranks came out prior to results
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 10:32:55 am »
Has anyone been notified that they have state ranked in anything thus far? Does anyone know when they usually begin notifying students and when they stop?
They only notify those who came 1st in the state, which occurs two days before the results are released I believe (iirc they're only given a day to RSVP but that may just be a rumour). The rest of the state rankers (those who didn't come 1st) have to go onto the top achievers in course list when it is released at around 12pm on results day to find out :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:35:37 am by sudodds »
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 11:22:12 am »
Yesss presumed that would be the case but saw some people on the fb discussion group thinking the rest of state ranks came out prior to results
As a rule of thumb, don't trust them. ;)

Legit though, I mean I don't have access to Facebook right now to see for myself, but you never know who knows what they're talking about on there.