Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:23:49 pm

Author Topic: Most efficient way to get the most out of methods exams?  (Read 371 times)  Share 

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Most efficient way to get the most out of methods exams?
« on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:38 pm »
Hi! I've been having this 'issue' which has been demotivating me lately and I dont really know how to fix it. So I though what better way to get help than ask it here! I do hope my question makes sense!

Just a little intro - I'm currently in Year 11 doing 3/4 methods. The exam is muchhhhhh closer than I would have ever thought it could be!! I've been averaging around an 80% in methods, possibly around the top quarter of my cohort? I know what I am doing in methods, understand the subject quite well, but do struggle a lot with silly mistakes and harder questions.

Anyway, getting back to the point. I've done around 30 practice exams, but my issue is, I feel like I am not improving from exam to exam. When I finish, I always look at what I've done wrong and fix it, or learn how to do the hard questions.

But it never helps the next exam. My practice exam scores have been ranging so much! I'm yet to crack 85% on an exam, but really need to as I want a 35+ SS.

But anyway, do you all have tips on how to improve from exam to exam? I feel like methods is a hard one in the case. I do feel like the silly mistakes I'm making is reducing, but still find it so difficult to do the harder questions despite how many exams I've done.

So how can I imrpove my scores in exams, or get the most out of doing my current one? At this point I also feel like I'm just doing it for thee sake of it.

I really hope my question made sense!

Thank you so so much!!!