Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:48:42 pm

Author Topic: QCAA External sample exams released!  (Read 2385 times)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
QCAA External sample exams released!
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:12:48 am »
+5
As we get closer to commencing Unit 3 works (where suddenly everything begins to actually matter), we want to make sure you're kept up to date with all matters relevant to your studies.

So to all students and parents (and teachers?) that aren't aware, we wish to let you know that QCAA have now released sample external examinations for ALL General syllabuses, as listed here.

Note that these only apply to general subjects. No external assessment is administered for applied subjects to my knowledge - feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

What does this mean? Perhaps not much at the start, and throughout the year it'll mean more and more. The external assessment alone makes up 25% of your grade in all of your subjects (except mathematics and science, where it makes up 50%). Taking a glance at the papers for your subjects now will hopefully prepare you more for what you'll be examined on later in the year. (Some schools may even base their internal assessments off these loosely?)

On the other hand, towards the end of your studies, these will perhaps mimic your final exam's style the most.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:15:45 am by RuiAce »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
Re: QCAA External sample exams released!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 09:27:32 am »
What do you think about the exams, RuiAce?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:04:22 am »
What do you think about the exams, RuiAce?
I mean, I can only really speak for mathematics haha.

Actual layout of the paper (working out space, extra writing space) is just was I was hoping for. Ample writing space provided. Spesh paper has a replicate diagram at the back in case you screw up the original one which is pretty cool.

Quick glance through general/methods/spesh and I felt that 99% of the content was relevant. There's one question (again in spesh) that I'm not too sure about but we shall see.

Not too used to two papers for maths but oh well haha.

MX2 is still harder

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 11:43:49 am »
I mean, I can only really speak for mathematics haha.

Actual layout of the paper (working out space, extra writing space) is just was I was hoping for. Ample writing space provided. Spesh paper has a replicate diagram at the back in case you screw up the original one which is pretty cool.

Quick glance through general/methods/spesh and I felt that 99% of the content was relevant. There's one question (again in spesh) that I'm not too sure about but we shall see.

Not too used to two papers for maths but oh well haha.

MX2 is still harder

In he science exams there's also replicate diagrams for that reason which is nice. I'd still be worried about making a mistake on both of them but it's nice that there's a backup