Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:24 am

Poll

Should I make a uni journal

yes
no

Author Topic: ✧ J_Rho's VCE Journey ✧  (Read 58683 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: JadeRhoden's Journey To A 90+ ATAR
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:42 am »
Haha, we are watching Boyhood

Never heard of it - what's it about?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brothanathan

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2019, 12:40:01 pm »
I know this might be off topic, but would it be manageable if you don't do U1 of Psych and enter U2?

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2019, 04:45:35 pm »
+2
I know this might be off topic, but would it be manageable if you don't do U1 of Psych and enter U2?

Our school is very you must do this many subjects and when it comes to VCE they are don't necessarily help in the way where a student could not do U1 but then do U2 - the same with our school lets u do one 1 & 2 subject in year 10 but this doesn't mean you can do one less subject in year 12 instead they say you still have to do 6 i think it is and the one u did early is a 7th

Never heard of it - what's it about?

Its a movie hat was made over 12 years i think and it follows this family and their son Mason Jnr as he goes through Erickson's 8 Stages of Development but the movie only about the middle so Stages 4 to 6...it's an alright movie to watch but the 'jumps' in time are sometimes hard to notice and you're like ???what just happened???
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2019, 10:27:58 am »
+5
Term 2, Week 5: 20/05/2019 - 24/05/2019

Happy Friday Everyone!
After everyday this week feeling like a Friday it's actually FRIDAY!!!!!
How has everyones week been??
My week feels like its been a DRAG but also totally stressful - we had WOW day (Wear Orange Wednesday) which is a day to support VICSES volunteers and I made SES themed cupcake and i had to make 80 for our unit dinner which was insane cause I only have 1 cupcake baking tray and 5 hours to make, bake and decorate, 80-fucking-cupcakes oh including a separate half a dozen diabetic friendly ones buuuuuuuuuuuuut it was fun cause my bf helped me 😍
I should stop procrastinating and hop off AN so I can actually get my study done 😂

Classes:
Units 3 & 4 Biology: SAC ON MONDAY!!!!!!! AND MID YEAR EXAMS ARE IN 18 DAYS
Units 1 & 2 Legal Studies: Just finished Negligence now starting on Defamation - Received SAC score.... 60% :'(
Units 1 & 2 Business Management: Working on our business stall SAC - We are selling Mocktails on Thursday
Units 1 & 2 General Maths: Started Univariate Data; Also waiting on test results for Number patterns and recursions unit
Units 1 & 2 English: Annotating Year of Wonders and answering Character Questions
Units 1 & 2 Psychology: Finally finished the movie - watching Edrolo videos and taking notes

Homework / To-Do:
1. Study for Biology SAC
2. Work through maths exercises

Joke Of The Week
I don’t play soccer because I enjoy the sport. I’m just doing it for kicks.....ba dum tss
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:41:17 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2019, 06:33:05 pm »
+8
Term 2, Week 6: 27/05/2019 - 31/05/2019

And JadeRho has rose from the dead! Sorry for the late post (doubt many of you will have missed me tho 🤣)
My week was...okay
Honestly it was very long and full of horrible period cramps (i know i know TMI)
SES training was alright we went over winches and pulley systems used for working at heights and casualty handling, and bonus my bf surprised me with some M'n'M donuts 😍

Classes:
Units 3 & 4 Biology: SAC was easy but not easy all at the same time and I'm crazy curious of my result (I believe I at least would have gotten 70%)
Units 1 & 2 Legal Studies: Have a Civil Liability SAC on Defamation and Negligence Case Studies and I have to make a folio of them.
Units 1 & 2 Business Management: Mocktail stall was successful; we doubled our money so it was alright.
Units 1 & 2 General Maths: I was 1.5 marks off 100%...but 93% is pretty darn good tho
Units 1 & 2 English: Writing a paragraph on a theme from Year of Wonders
Units 1 & 2 Psychology: Watch edrolo the teacher says, watch edrolo

Homework / To-Do:
1. Study for exams
2. Work through maths exercises

Joke Of The Week
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

Update
Feel free to check out my June playlist (If you dont like Lewis Capaldi dont bother looking at it 40% of the songs are his xD)
https://open.spotify.com/user/generatedsnow/playlist/45u0aoX9SAWPblg0POqSef?si=Pl4FV5wUSpeVtrDTpnKbvA
— VCE —

— University —

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2019, 08:28:19 pm »
+1
Joke Of The Week
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
I simultaneously love this and am annoyed.

You have your mid-year exam for bio next week correct? Are you feeling prepared?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
I simultaneously love this and am annoyed.

You have your mid-year exam for bio next week correct? Are you feeling prepared?

Yeah the exam is in Monday and at the moment I'm feeling pretty good, pretty prepared - I'm currently going over my notes and making sure i know how to explain it all (rather then have notes that are just words on a page that don't mean much).

I have an English exam as well and its a Text Analysis and I am so nervous - I have always struggled with essays and this year my marks are going down (idk whether im getting shit or teacher is marking me harder).

All my other subjects I'm pretty confident about and business....im tryna keep an open mind but its so boring and i really wanna drop it

YAY for exams  :'(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:03:16 pm by JadeRhoden »
— VCE —

— University —

brothanathan

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2019, 05:12:30 pm »
Yeah the exam is in Monday and at the moment I'm feeling pretty good, pretty prepared - I'm currently going over my notes and making sure i know how to explain it all (rather then have notes that are just words on a page that don't mean much).

I have an English exam as well and its a Text Analysis and I am so nervous - I have always struggled with essays and this year my marks are going down (idk whether im getting shit or teacher is marking me harder).

All my other subjects I'm pretty confident about and business....im tryna keep an open mind but its so boring and i really wanna drop it

YAY for exams  :'(

Poor you, I finished my exams last week hehe. I have a peer who's dropping Eng Lang for the norm English. I suggest you might want to do the opposite. Assuming you're competent in Psychology and Legal Studies. From my exam experience, there are some aspects of Psychology and Legal Studies.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:16:51 pm by brothanathan »

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:31 pm »
+6
Term 2, WHAT WEEK ARE WE IN: 11/06/2019 - 14/06/2019

7 exams. 4 days.
my mood? YEET

Exams:
Biology: Was hard bro, one of the questions i just wrote "the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell"
Legal Studies: Was stupid, so stupid, so so stupid - finished it in 20 minutes
Business Management: it was bullshit; it looked my like our teacher put a bunch of summary questions in there and then we had write about what "Alex the vegan designer" would have to to do to set up/manage her business
General Maths: I left my calculator at home (HAHHAHAHAHHA) so did it by hand. Completed it with 5 min to spare
English: I couldn't even be bothered we had to analyse a piece on drum lines and protesters
Psychology: Received more confirmation the teacher is dumb - the exam was an Edrolo one on AOS 2 despite being given a revision sheet for AOS 1 stuff even tho the exams supposed to be Unit 1....and it took all of 15 minutes to complete
GAT: All I'm saying is that i wrote my second piece on how the GAT is NAPLAN re purposed for a different audience. Finished with an hour to go yucky

Anyways, posting this on the Monday back (my dreaded birthday) I get to annoy you all with 2 posts this week!!!! Ive been super tired or slack with posting i dont even know how many posts i missed (two???)
Only things that have happened is i got 54% on my bio sac (I THOUGHT I DID WAY BETTER) and 69% on my Legal Exam... i attempted to make myself a birthday cake at 3 in the morning THE FONDANT GOT CRACKS IN IT HOW R U SUPPOSED TO FIX THATTTTTTT if you want pics i will post a link to my facebook post tonight :)
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 12:55:14 pm »
+6
Term 3 Week 1
Term 3 Goals:
1. Get a 4.0 GPA
2. B+ (89%) Average in all classes
Holiday Summary:
Worked lots of shifts at the pool
Did my swimming teacher course
Went out on lots of SES jobs during the weather event
Been doing lighting for Lyric Theatres "Young Frankenstein" (only 4 more shows to go!)
How has everyone set out their maths bound reference??? Idk how to set mine out
ALSO I want to do Deakin Accelerate: Law next year alongside my year 12 studies... has anyone done this before? Any tips? What kind of marks do I need to get into it?
— VCE —

— University —

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2019, 03:32:45 pm »
+1
Term 3 Week 1
Term 3 Goals:
1. Get a 4.0 GPA
2. B+ (89%) Average in all classes
Holiday Summary:
Went out on lots of SES jobs during the weather event
Been doing lighting for Lyric Theatres "Young Frankenstein" (only 4 more shows to go!)
How has everyone set out their maths bound reference??? Idk how to set mine out
ALSO I want to do Deakin Accelerate: Law next year alongside my year 12 studies... has anyone done this before? Any tips? What kind of marks do I need to get into it?

irt bound reference, I think the best way is to just start and see whether it works well for you or not - I'm assuming you can rip out the pages and start over if needed. I liked having a different topic on each page & some people collate examples of hard questions at the back which imo is a good addition.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2019, 10:26:01 pm »

Wow- cool job! How did you get the gig? Did you have to do the training first?

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2019, 08:03:42 am »
+2
Wow- cool job! How did you get the gig? Did you have to do the training first?
Yeah, its a pretty cool job. I am currently a lifeguard there, and they were advertising swim teaching positions so I was like to my boss "I'd be interested in doing that" and he was like awesome and so i went as did my course which involves about half theory and half practical with a 'fitness assessment'.
I'm not yet an accredited swim teacher as I need to do some experience hours and then someone assesses me while i teach a real lesson to see if i'm competent.
It sounds like a long process but if swim teaching is what u wanna do - it won't feel long at all.
Just like how a job shouldn't feel like a job - you should love going to work
Sorry for that super long blurb, hope it helps

Your journal has been a good read so far!
Looking forward to an update :)

Thankyouu
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2019, 11:14:12 am »
+4
Dear anyone who completed a uni extention...
I want to apply for the deakin accelerate program but...My last report was trash (See marks below)
1/2 English - E+, C+, B, B
1/2 General Maths - B+, A+, B+, A+
1/2 Legal - A+, D, C, C+, A
1/2 Psych - A, C, C
1/2 Business - B, B, C+, E+
3/4 Bio - averaging 50% on SACS
What marks did you have at school when you applied for a uni extention subject?
What kind of academic documents did you use?
— VCE —

— University —

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2019, 07:32:32 am »
+4
This was posted a while ago, but I was just wondering if you actually have mid-year exams for 3/4 subjects? I thought it was just the end of the year exam.

Our school makes us do mid-year exams to "prepare us for the experience of end of year exams" they don't count towards passing or anything though they just go on our report.
— VCE —

— University —