Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:14:50 pm

Author Topic: Full Fee Place MD advice  (Read 2013 times)  Share 

xps1997

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Full Fee Place MD advice
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:38 pm »
I am currently a third year student and looking to apply for MD at unimelb in 2019, and I was thinking of applying through the guaranteed graduate entry for those with an ATAR of 99 or above.

I am aware of the fact that FFP are not guaranteed an internship, but I wanted to hear from someone who has personally finished/undergoing FFP MD, or knows someone that has, to give me some advice on what the current situation is like for FFP students.

The following are my main concerns
- How likely is it for a FFP student to get an internship straight after their med school (I believe I am in the priority group 1). I know its hard to predict what it is going to be like by the time I graduate, but I just want to know the general trend.

- Will the hospitals prefer CSP students over FFP when it comes to internship application process? As an example, will RMH automatically favour a CSP over FFP?

- When it comes to choosing specialties later on, will CSP and FFP be treated equally?

I would greatly appreciate any advice !

*PS, I am aware that FFP is very costly, but I am fortunate enough to have it covered. So the financial aspect of FFP is not what I am particuarly concerned about.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: Full Fee Place MD advice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:34:49 pm »
+3
Some of your questions have been answered in an old post of yours already, in case you haven't seen it. Located here :)

🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢