Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:09:24 am

Author Topic: From the bottom of my heart - Thank you ATAR Notes.  (Read 9549 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
From the bottom of my heart - Thank you ATAR Notes.
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:37:49 am »
+75
Well, some of you know my story, others don't. Essentially, last year I almost failed VCE. They wanted to put me into VCAL at one point.
At the start of this year, I began Year 12 as a bitter, angry kid. My main motivation was to get to December 17th, get a 90+ ATAR, and then rub it in the face of everyone who ever doubted me and say "look what I did, you bunch of pricks." Instead, I can't possibly say that.
I came on AN around May this year when I started answering people's Psych questions and I've racked up a fair few posts in such a little amount of time. Really though, I fell in love with the community at ATARNotes in a way the majority of you won't understand. I can count on one hand the amount of people that really, really cared about their education at my school. Throughout high school (and even primary school) I've been called a nerd, geek, faggot et al to the point where I began to be a very reserved person, and later on, a very loud person. Sort of as a defense mechanism; no one can every bully the confident kid. Those memories always stayed with me, so while I was friends with the people at my school, there is a part of me that most of them couldn't ever understand. When I came on AN I felt such a massive sense of welcoming and also belonging. Here was a community that would never shun, that would always help, and could potentially understand that other part of my personality that previously, not many could. It also helped me to become a better person as I saw the goodness that was here. As I said, in the beginning, I was very spiteful. As I kept reading and writing posts on AN I saw what education meant to you guys - some of whom weren't born in the country - and I realised what an absolute opportunity I had been taking for granted since I started high-school. So, ATARNotes, I thank you for my value of education. I thank you for accepting me, helping me, letting me help you, and existing as such a wonderful collective of bright, intelligent people.
I also never thought I could achieve what I set out to. I always thought to myself "Okay, I need a 90, I'm going to have to get 40 raw in everything, jesus!" and thus limited myself with my own perception of my ability. When I came on AN, honestly, the first thing I thought is "Wow, how the fuck are all these people aiming for 50 so openly? I would never dare aim."
And  that did change throughout the year. I learnt it was okay to aim a little higher. Started thinking maybe a 43 for Further.. Maybe more for English - who knows?!
So thank you for acting as the catalyst for me being a little bit of my own friend.
I think that's enough general stuff - you get the idea - I'd soak you all in gratitude if I could.
Now a little more direct ->
Werdna. Thank you so much, my brother. That's all I have to say; I can't possibly express my gratitude enough... Words couldn't convey.
Daniel. Thank you, of course, for the site's inception and maintenance. I hope you recognise the effect your creation can have on people. Thank you.
Nina. Talking with you has always been very enjoyable :). It felt good to not be the only one who swore like a fucking sailor on IRC; you definitely made me comfortable. You're truly gorgeous. Thanks for your contribution in the site's running etc.
pi. Ahhh man, what can I say? We did entirely different subjects and somehow I feel like you've helped me. I will beat you in Scramble; mark my words.
Thush. What would we do without our mediator? Thanks for being such a top bloke (and a humble one!) - you owe me a rematch.
ALL other moderators and staff - Dev, you funny fucker, David (let's face it, the foundation), and I could rattle off mod names, lexitu, charmanderp, VivaT, Kp - all of you. Thanks for playing your part.
Griffo. You're a fucking prick, mate. Good of you to keep on my back when I hadn't studied and still kept coming on chat.
Bob. Thanks for checking up on me when I sounded like I was having a shit one man, I appreciate it. Keep doing what you do. #Natmod2013
laseredd and Yendall. I consider you guys my online best friends. Laseredd, thanks for being my study buddy! Yendall - I hope more than anything you get your 90 man. Thank you both very much.
Cai. I just needed a Cambo dude in here.
B^3, Easty, KP, EZ (thanks for your essays man, I tried picking up flow/expression via reading them), nisha ( excellent creative writing), VivaT - thanks for tearing my essay to absolute shreds. Ahhh I'm stressing because I want to remember everyone but can't. Felicity. Kate - God I hope you make Top Class, umm. I'm really struggling and I'm super sorry to the people I'm forgetting. I'll come back and put you in as I realise, I swear. You've all helped me immeasurably. Russ! Shit, almost forgot! Thanks for the chats and the namechanges man!Gah! I can't remember you all and this post has probably turned into a really disorganised, emotionally charged piece of shit but Idgaf right now I just wanted to thank every one of you. I know whatever my ATAR is, it would have definitely been lower without this community - without an absolute doubt.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. 2013ers, I'll ALWAYS help you. Make a thread and message me with a link and I'll always get to it (I'd say PM me but then nobody else benefits, either!)
I seriously can't thank you all enough. Love you all.
Love Brenden xo

Moderator action: removed real name, sorry for the inconvenience
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:42:48 am by pi »
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: From the bottom of my heart - Thank you ATAR Notes.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 02:39:57 am »
SO PROUD OF YOU MATE!!!!

Phy124

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +464
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:40:47 am »
+19
You're such a cute cunt when you're like this.
Mathematical Methods | Physics | Chemistry | English | Business Management

2012-2017
Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) @ Monash University

Current
Transport Modeller @ Arup

iksvertim

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:32 am »
Well done Brenden! :)

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:29 am »
+6

Sophisticated Narre Warrenites... :P

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • Respect: +631
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 02:44:44 am »
Congratulations Olympian! We can get out of these hellholes! :'D

(probably shouldn't say this but I actually just shed a tear or two :'D )
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • diagnosed with poo brain
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46:19 am »
+3
success story right here.

PS. Y NO MENTION OF FURBOB?!
2011 : English | Accounting | MM CAS | Further | Japanese | MUEP Japanese
2012 : BA(Japanese&Chinese)/BComm @ Monash Clayton

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:48:01 am »
SO PROUD OF YOU MATE!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Ily baby <3
Well done Brenden! :)
Thank you! You too :)
Sophisticated Narre Warrenites... :P
Hahahahaha yeah what have you got to say for Narre Warren now, enwibee?! A 50, a 46, and a 44! P-WHHHHAHTTT?!
Congratulations Olympian! We can get out of these hellholes! :'D

(probably shouldn't say this but I actually just shed a tear or two :'D )
Damn right we can, man.
You're too much of a gem. It's okay, I bawled my eyes out when I found out Emily got a 50!
success story right here.

PS. Y NO MENTION OF FURBOB?!
Funny you say that because I was about to thank you for being so beast at Pokemans whilst being a girl but didn't want to damage the post. Thank you Furbob <3

Planck's constant

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 03:08:01 am »
Something tells me that you will make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in, Olympian.

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 03:10:34 am »
Something tells me that you will make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in, Olympian.
I hope so :). Thanks argo :)

ninwa

• Respect: +1021
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:28 am »
+6
thanks for the fucking shout out cunt

<3
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 03:29:27 am »
+1
You, sir (Olympian), are a legend. On that note...

EDIT: There. No I<3Paul. LegendOlympian.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:31:35 am by toucan »
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology

Lasercookie

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +326
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:13 am »
+2
EDIT: There. No I<3Paul. LegendOlympian.
I think the other way around, OlympianLegend, sounds better

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 03:39:43 am »
Hahahaha, you guys are too much. <3

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 08:42:47 am »
Well done Brenden, you legend!!! :D