Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 02:08:21 pm

Author Topic: Legal Question in my assessment i don't really udnerstand  (Read 933 times)  Share 

AliAhsanAli

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Legal Question in my assessment i don't really udnerstand
« on: January 28, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »
"define the notion of individual and collective 'human rights'"

I cant seem to find a clear definitions other than individual rights are for individuals and collective rights are for groups. Not to keen on saying that in my presentation at school lmao

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Legal Question in my assessment i don't really udnerstand
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 05:08:43 pm »
+1
"define the notion of individual and collective 'human rights'"

I cant seem to find a clear definitions other than individual rights are for individuals and collective rights are for groups. Not to keen on saying that in my presentation at school lmao

Hey! So those two terms relate to two different 'classes' of human rights:

- Individual Rights refers to the rights enshrined in the UDHR, ICCPR and ICESCR. They are the inherent rights of individuals, and they were recognised first.
- Collective Rights were recognised later, and they refer to the rights of communities, not necessarily just individual people. Some great examples are self determination, peace rights and environmental rights - Both rights for societies/communities as a whole! These are recognised in several international documents (EG - Kyoto Protocol for environmental rights).

For individual, try researching those treaties I mentioned above. For collective, research those three examples to try and build some knowledge for your presentation! Good luck ;D