Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:10:03 pm

Author Topic: Smashing French for 40+ !  (Read 23550 times)  Share 

droodles

Smashing French for 40+ !
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:57:41 pm »
+2
ok so the exam is in two days. i guess the point of this thread is to get all the fsn french students to absolutely trash that exam and rip 40s and even 50s.

bon, j'espère que vous avez étudié depuis ces semaines. je serai triste vous me direz que vous n'avez pas. en fait non, si vous faites de rien jusqu'à l'examen, ça m'aidera car il y a la chance que vous allez échouer (non, je blague) et je peux recevoir mon quarante-cinq facilement.

quelques conseils ici à rappeler.
un petit peu plus:
  • 15 minutes of reading should be mainly dedicated to the Reading and Responding section of the exam and also the Writing Task section (brain storming etc.). of course, if you do things differently for this period then you can stick to it, this is just my way of doing it.
  • even if some answers seem a bit iffy towards the question, WRITE IT DOWN because you don't know whether or not Jacques bad day started due to his mum not being able to make his breakfast in the morning.
  • fold page corners of your dictionary so that you have quick access to certain areas, even stick tabs inside if you're allowed (not sure if this is allowed, confirm thanks) so you don't waste time flipping and flipping.
  • don't be a dick and overly rely on your dictionary. only losers do that.
  • DO NOT TRANSLATE FROM ENGLISH TO FRENCH DIRECTLY WORD FOR WORD, especially when writing in FR, you will sound like a retard. e.g. "je serai allant" - i'll be going (WRONG) -> 'j'irai' (CORRECT)
  • make sure you are aware of what language to respond in when it says so
  • if a question doesn't ask for a full sentence, DO NOT WRITE A FULL SENTENCE
  • don't exceed the word limit of 200-300 words for the essay, it gets checked for word limit. you lose marks if you exceed it by a large amount
  • don't use be too simple with your french in the essay i.e bonjour, je suis content et je vais au cinéma
  • don't spend the entire day before the exam trying to get in new words, it won't stick. if you haven't been practising all year to expand your vocab then it's useless now.

that's all that i can think of, if anyone else has tips then please put 'em up.

listening practice site for those who need more practice: ecoutezbien.com, just make an account and you can start.

and remember, don't be a loser and go in thinking you will fail because YOU WILL FAIL.

bonne chance avec vos études mes nounous

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:51:59 pm by droodles »

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: Smashing French for 40+ !
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:07:43 pm »
Awesome advice droodles. You will pwn French.
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

ganges

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:09:03 pm »
shouldn't you be hoping everyone gets writer's block?

Droodles is the most selfless person i know, he would never think that way.

Chem
PSych
ENglish
MEthods
SPesh

history revolutions

yr 10

yr 9

yr 8..........

1999 -grade 4

COmpleted grade 5 arithmetic......

cara.mel

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 11:46:53 am »
fold page corners of your dictionary so that you have quick access to certain areas, even stick tabs inside if you're allowed (not sure if this is allowed, confirm thanks) so you don't waste time flipping and flipping.[/li][/list]
That should be alright, my chinese teacher encouraged us to shove all our pencils in the dictionary during reading time so I see nothing wrong with folding it :P

Survivor

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 11:51:02 am »
Thanks for the website and the advice Droodles, it's really helpful. Bonne chance for tomorrow, not that you'd need it :P I'm just hoping to beat my Chinese score.

droodles

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:06:07 pm »
what makes u an expert...you havent even done it? maybe next year buddy when we see how you go....

did i claim i was an expert? this is just some advice that was given to me by my teacher and some i picked up from the assessor reports. you are a downer, i hope you choke tomorrow afternoon. it would be greatly funny.

oh and 'cloud', this is french. if you cannot read then i suggest you take those sunglasses off, retard. making pictures of yourself wearing sunnies you bought from target with special effects via photoshop is cool as.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:19:15 pm »
what makes u an expert...you havent even done it? maybe next year buddy when we see how you go....

Droodles est formidable quand tu considere qu'il n'a passé qu'un seul mois en France.
       Bonne chance tout le monde :D

Flaming_Arrow

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 02:10:09 pm »
Droodles, you are overly confident. Tommmorow, you are going to be so nervous that you'll choke up and the nerves will get to you. Youll get all jittery, and probably feel like vomiting. As you are sitting down during reading time, remember this post. I hope you get < 30. Because you will.  Remember this post okay, tommorow at around 3 yeh? xxo

2010: Commerce @ UoM

scumel

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 04:54:33 pm »
"for listening: examiners look at notes you take as well, so don't overlook the notes space - they can get marks"
non, je crois que ceci n'est pas vrai!
our teacher said that if your answers are just in the note-taking part it is unfornunate if you have the right answer because they cant give it to you if its not written in the answer section...
mais bonne chance tout le monde! je viens de regarder "amelie" :)

ell

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 05:03:44 pm »
im more than a forum troll you know, sometimes i can be helpful. god i hate you guys

:)

gossip girl

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 05:17:19 pm »
yo. thanks for the tips, but I think a lot of them are wrong, unfortunately.
- examiners don't look in the notes section. and, even if they do, there certainly don't give any marks for anything they read there.  in fact, in the listening section for example, if part of your answers goes into the notes box on the side, they disregard it
- if the question's worth one mark and you write more than one answer, they only look at the first thing you wrote and completely ignore the other bit. so if your first answer was wrong and the second part was right, it is very unlikely that you will get any marks.
- you are not allowed to tab dictionaries, and I'm pretty sure you're not even allowed to fold down the corners
- writing in a full sentence when it doesn't ask you to could be a waste of time, but it's better than writing a dot point that doesn't give enough information
- the word limit for the essays is 250 - 300 words, not 200 - 300 ok, I concede. the world limit is 200 - 300, you were right. désolée! my teacher always told me 250 -300 though, hmm...
- I would be spending at least 5 - 8 minutes of the reading time looking over the listening questions, because you probably won't have any other time to do this (certainly not between texts) whilst you will have ample time to look at the reading/essay.  I personally suggest going immediately to the essays and picking your topic (I'd spend only 1 -2 mins on this), reading over the reading comprehensions briefly to get an idea of what they're about (about 5 or so minutes) and then the making sure you've thoroughly read the listening (for the rest of the time)

bonne chance tout le monde!

p.s. I'm not an expert either, not even a little bit, but I DID just do a German exam, so I know what I'm talking about :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:37:47 pm by gossip girl »
2007: Maths Methods
2008: English, Chemistry, Psychology, French, German
ENTER aim: 98.00+

bturville

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 05:19:04 pm »
mais bonne chance tout le monde! je viens de regarder "amelie" :)

"c'est Bretodeau! pas Bredoteau!"

ganges

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »

did i claim i was an expert? this is just some advice that was given to me by my teacher and some i picked up from the assessor reports. you are a downer, i hope you choke tomorrow afternoon. it would be greatly funny.

oh and 'cloud', this is french. if you cannot read then i suggest you take those sunglasses off, retard. making pictures of yourself wearing sunnies you bought from target with special effects via photoshop is cool as.

OWNED!!!

Chem
PSych
ENglish
MEthods
SPesh

history revolutions

yr 10

yr 9

yr 8..........

1999 -grade 4

COmpleted grade 5 arithmetic......

hard

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 06:05:33 pm »
Droodles, you are overly confident. Tommmorow, you are going to be so nervous that you'll choke up and the nerves will get to you. Youll get all jittery, and probably feel like vomiting. As you are sitting down during reading time, remember this post. I hope you get < 30. Because you will.  Remember this post okay, tommorow at around 3 yeh? xxo

stfu seriously what are you saying? you are embarrassing yourself like no tomorow! telling someone to wish they fail? what the hell is wrong with you, you can go fucking slit your wrist you piece of trash.

Oh and for the record, this isn't particularly sticking up for droodles, rather condoning such stupid behavior. The point of this forum is to help others, not wish they fail. FUCK YOU ARE SO FRIED IN THE HEAD!

amycourty

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 06:59:29 pm »
the word limit for the essays is 250 - 300 words, not 200 - 300

nar isnt it 200-300.??  in the vcaa exams?
generally my teacehr said however that 200 words will not allow u to give the scope u need to get good marks

BONNE chance tout le monde.   J'espere que tout va bien passer ! 

I hope you get < 30. Because you will.  Remember this post okay, tommorow at around 3 yeh? xxo

love the xxo . you know, real personalised kiss kiss hug for someoen u just told to fail.     i just hope everyone gets the mark they deserve.  no insults or compliments or whatever can really change the way someones gonna perform tomoro. 

A DEMAIN!  . j'ai peur d'etre toute seule dans la salle d'examen avec mes 2 examinateurs!! haha . non pas vraiment.
BONNE CHANCE
we're nearly over. oh my god
english, literature, francais, methods and psych
hoping for 85+