Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:06:47 pm

Author Topic: Ask Monash University  (Read 336353 times)  Share 

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Ask Monash University
« Reply #930 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
What do you mean about the timeframe?
According to the website I linked.
Quote from: Monash
Offers will be made from mid-December and throughout January and February
My understanding is most will happen in mid-December but because preferences change, the scholarship may not be fully confirmed until February.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

fruitbowl34

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #931 on: December 14, 2018, 10:54:21 am »
Hi! The ATAR needed for the bachelor of psychology (honours) is 85. My ATAR is 87, does this mean that I'll definitely get an offer into the course or does it just increase my chances of receiving an offer? Is it possible I don't get an offer despite achieving a higher ATAR than needed?

Thanks! :)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #932 on: December 14, 2018, 10:59:49 am »
+1
Hi! The ATAR needed for the bachelor of psychology (honours) is 85. My ATAR is 87, does this mean that I'll definitely get an offer into the course or does it just increase my chances of receiving an offer? Is it possible I don't get an offer despite achieving a higher ATAR than needed?

Thanks! :)
If 85 is the clearly in (last year) it is very likely that you will recieve an offer.

Clearly ins can change year by year so that would be the only obstacle, however I would be suprised if it went over 87. Even then it would still be possible with an atar below the clearly in for 2nd round offers or first tound offers with bonus points or SEAS if you have them.

Hope this helps

MissSmiley

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +84
« Reply #933 on: December 14, 2018, 11:03:42 am »
+1
Hey guys!

I was just wondering, will the ATAR requirement be higher than 98 this year for Arts/Law at Monash?
I got 98.1 this morning, and I'm freaking out!!!

Will they accept me or will the ATAR requirement go up?
How likely is this to happen?

I'd really appreciate a response!

Thank you so much everyone! :)

2017 : Further Maths [38]
2018 : English [45] ;English Language [43] ; Food Studies [47] ;French [33] ;Legal Studies [39]
VCE ATAR : 98.10
2019 - 2023 : Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University

I'm selling a huge electronic copy of  VCE English essays and resources document (with essays that have teacher feedback and marks) for $10. Feel free to PM me for details!

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #934 on: December 14, 2018, 11:08:14 am »
+4
Hey guys!

I was just wondering, will the ATAR requirement be higher than 98 this year for Arts/Law at Monash?

Don't worry. Although ATAR clearly-ins change yearly, they often don't move much for something like the BA/Law.
Remember SEAS or subject bonuses might carry you that bit forward in the right direction, so you've still got a very good chance. :)
VTAC Info Thread

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #935 on: December 14, 2018, 11:09:06 am »
+4
Hey guys!

Its been set at 98 for quite while now so I think it wont go up and a large proportion of students are accepted below the clearly ins anyway for 2 d rounders and seas/bonus points.

(although possible to go up  if there is a very high demand for it this year)

WeebyWooby

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #936 on: December 14, 2018, 11:27:00 am »
What differences are there between bachelor of biomedical science and bachelor of science degree majoring in a biological science? I've heard that biomedical science limits your options more but can't find any information about this.
I'm interested in a double degree of engineering with one of the two science degrees but I'm not sure which one will be more suited for me.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #937 on: December 14, 2018, 11:36:27 am »
If you look at the course handbook you'll be able to see the specific differences. The level of detail in here may be overwhelming, so let us know if you're having trouble understanding it

Here's the link to science and engineering: http://monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/courses/E3007.html
biomedical science and engineering: http://monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/courses/E3004.html

Hope this helps :)

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #938 on: December 14, 2018, 11:48:46 am »
+1
What differences are there between bachelor of biomedical science and bachelor of science degree majoring in a biological science? I've heard that biomedical science limits your options more but can't find any information about this.
I'm interested in a double degree of engineering with one of the two science degrees but I'm not sure which one will be more suited for me.
Biological sciences at Monash cover very different areas to Biomed. Here's the areas that the School of Biological Sciences covers. Here's Biomed's course page which lists the areas studied there. I did my undergrad and Hons with the School of Biological Sciences, so if you need details, feel free to ask.
VTAC Info Thread

Springyboy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #939 on: December 14, 2018, 11:52:45 am »
+2
Hey guys!

It's very unlikely to go up - although last year you needed to have a score that was above 98 AFTER subject bonuses and SEAS otherwise you couldn't get in if your ATAR wasn't at 98 after adjustments.

Also if you look here it does say that the indicative ATAR for Law or Arts/Law should stay at 98 for 2019.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:55:19 am by Springyboy »

illin

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2018, 12:09:24 pm »
I really want to get into the Monash law/art course but the atar requirement is too high for me. I only got a 96.4 atar and I don’t see any chance of getting into my first preference...Is it possible that if I enroll in art then transfer into law? If so, will the requirements be hard to achieve? And when can I start applying for course transfer once I get into uni?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2018, 12:24:33 pm »
I really want to get into the Monash law/art course but the atar requirement is too high for me. I only got a 96.4 atar and I don’t see any chance of getting into my first preference...Is it possible that if I enroll in art then transfer into law? If so, will the requirements be hard to achieve? And when can I start applying for course transfer once I get into uni?
There was a recent post about this, which you can read over here. There's actually multiple ways you can eventually do law, if not immediately. 
VTAC Info Thread

bbwjh

• Adventurer
« Reply #942 on: December 14, 2018, 02:53:24 pm »
Hey! My first preference has a lowest selection rank of 97.90 (radiography), and I received an email a few days ago saying I’m eligible for the Monash guarantee which has a score of 90. The ATAR I received is 96.05 and I satisfy all the prerequisites, is there a guarantee that I will get accepted ? I’m actually not very sure on what the Monash Guarantee means, is it just a higher chance of getting accepted or is it definite? Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:55:34 pm by bbwjh »

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #943 on: December 14, 2018, 03:05:33 pm »
+2
Hey! My first preference has a lowest selection rank of 97.90 (radiography), and I received an email a few days ago saying I’m eligible for the Monash guarantee which has a score of 90. The ATAR I received is 96.05 and I satisfy all the prerequisites, is there a guarantee that I will get accepted ? I’m actually not very sure on what the Monash Guarantee means, is it just a higher chance of getting accepted or is it definite? Thanks!
I can't say whether it's just a higher chance or definite because different sources state slightly different things. For example:  The last question on left column of the final page of this brochure basically says "yeah, it's a guarantee" (i.e. definite). Meanwhile, the Monash Guarantee site unfortunately is a bit more vague and states "eligible" rather than a definite position. 
Either way, you're almost definitely in a safe position for Radiography, so you don't have to worry. :)
VTAC Info Thread

WeebyWooby

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #944 on: December 14, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »
Biological sciences at Monash cover very different areas to Biomed. Here's the areas that the School of Biological Sciences covers. Here's Biomed's course page which lists the areas studied there. I did my undergrad and Hons with the School of Biological Sciences, so if you need details, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the help! What are the job prospects like for a double degree with both degrees?