Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:04:52 pm

Author Topic: Failing Unit 3?  (Read 1330 times)  Share 

reisakus

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Failing Unit 3?
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:13:52 pm »
So I just got notified by my teacher that I am at risk of receiving a N for Unit 3 because I received under 40% under my outcome 2 sac.
I am so bummed out about this because I thought I did ok, I did the textbook questions, the checkpoints also, and majority of the worksheets in class. I still haven't got the sac back to see what on earth I did wrong to receive such a low score, but the fact that I could receive a N for Unit 3 is really scaring me right now.
Obviously, I am attempting to raise my average to a S, but in any worse case scenario, what would happen if I do get a N for Unit 3? My teacher says that it's "not the end of the world", but it really sounds like it will be :(

zuijinde

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: Failing Unit 3?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:29 pm »
+2
Did your teacher say what should be done in order to get an S? I know for my school you had to do some sort of redemption task (like a resit) or prove you've done your homework.

I'm clutching at straws here, but what is the average of the sac? The pass rates for my sacs for chem were 15%+. I remember last year one of my sacs I received somewhere in the mid-30's, but the average was around there as well (sacs were hard af). My teacher said that on the final exam, an E grade was somewhere around 20% (if i remember correctly), so why should you need a 40% on your sac to pass?

I really don't mean to scare you, but I've heard that if you receive an N on a unit, you might get kicked out, consequently leaving you with 1 less subject (but this is like the extreme worst case scenario)

It really isn't the end of the world. I remember last year when I went to my Further maths lecture, the lecturer said that if you didn't do well in your sacs, it's you're time to shine for the final exam (which is true, since it's worth 60% of your grade). I have always abide by this saying.

All the best
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:40:23 pm by zuijinde »

reisakus

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Failing Unit 3?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 08:28:20 pm »
My teacher said that in order to get a S my average for Outcome 2 of Unit 3 must be above 40%, which means that my last sac for Unit 3 has to be above 50%. She didn't mention anything about a resit, or anything about proving you've done satisfactory work... Maybe that's what my teacher meant by "it's not the end of the world"? As in, if I do fail then I can do a resit instead. I would have to go through  talking with coordinators and all that, but if I end up superrrr emotional during that time they'll probably still let me continue.

Anyhow, the average for the cohort or class sacs are never mentioned we just aren't allowed to know for whatever reason there is. 6 other people got called the same thing in my class, that they'll get a N if they don't achieve a 40%+ average for outcome 2 :/
My last sac for for u3 is next week so i'm going to do extra work to achieve  :)