Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:23:34 am

Author Topic: Mundane life updates  (Read 270139 times)  Share 

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: Mundane life updates
« Reply #1080 on: April 24, 2020, 05:07:07 pm »
+9
My sister just asked me if you could use a 3D printer to print with chocolate. I had never wondered about that myself, but what an interesting question for a young'un to ask. 😂
If 3D printers don't print with chocolate I don't want it
(But seriously tho that should be a thing!
lucky for you guys - it is!
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/3d-printed-chocolate-coming-to-european-consumer-market-after-hype-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

I can't seem to find anywhere that you can buy 3d printed chcocolate but there seems a few places which sells chocolate printers.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #1081 on: May 03, 2020, 12:21:25 am »
+6
This takes the cake.
Spoiler
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Einstein_Reborn_97

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Regular
  • There is no substitute for hard work.
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #1082 on: May 03, 2020, 12:31:16 am »
+5
It's 12:30 am...and I'm awake...watching YouTube.  :P
HSC 2020: Advanced English | Advanced Mathematics | Physics | Chemistry | Biology | Studies of Religion 2

My HSC Journey Journal

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #1083 on: May 07, 2020, 06:36:01 pm »
+14
Taught my 2nd clarinet lesson today: she learnt a new note & it was so much fun!!  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

blasonduo

• HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
  • Respect: +356
« Reply #1084 on: May 11, 2020, 01:52:42 pm »
+17
For the very first time, I'm going to donate blood, and I have this very mixed feeling of being excited and terrified at the same time. This feels like adrenaline 24/7.
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #1085 on: May 12, 2020, 01:41:10 pm »
+4
eating skittles makes me tired - pro-tip don't eat lollies while studying
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #1086 on: May 12, 2020, 08:32:35 pm »
+6
Hi, AN Notes community!

Similarly to J_Rho, I am making my own website to start my own tutoring business! So hopefully it turns out okay because I honestly don't know what I would do if it didn't. I'm thinking of calling it Study You where each tutoring/education program is personalised based on each user as well their individual academic abilities and would have the ability to support self-paced learning and study. Also, through my website/tuition services, I am planning to support every type of learning style (e.g. auditory, visual, kinaesthetic etc.) through various modes such as YouTube videos, worksheets, powerpoints, "podcasts" and more!

I'll definitely update you guys when I publish my website! I can't wait to share it with you all :)

Have a great week and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #1087 on: May 12, 2020, 08:39:19 pm »
+1
Hi, AN Notes community!

Similarly to J_Rho, I am making my own website to start my own tutoring business! So hopefully it turns out okay because I honestly don't know what I would do if it didn't. I'm thinking of calling it Study You where each tutoring/education program is personalised based on each user as well their individual academic abilities and would have the ability to support self-paced learning and study. Also, through my website/tuition services, I am planning to support every type of learning style (e.g. auditory, visual, kinaesthetic etc.) through various modes such as YouTube videos, worksheets, powerpoints, "podcasts" and more!

I'll definitely update you guys when I publish my website! I can't wait to share it with you all :)

Darcy Dillon.

Duuuuuuude! This sounds so good! Definitely sounds like you have put a lot of thought into it! :D
Definitely remember to keep us posted, I am super keen to hear how everything is going with it :)
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #1088 on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:43 pm »
+2
Hi, AN Notes community!

Darcy Dillon.
OOooooo!!!! That's so excitingggggggggg...We cant wait to see the final product!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #1089 on: May 12, 2020, 10:55:28 pm »
For the very first time, I'm going to donate blood, and I have this very mixed feeling of being excited and terrified at the same time. This feels like adrenaline 24/7.
Ooh good luck and thanks for donating :D I remember being so nervous the first time I donated, then it was fine. The needle hurts a bit as it goes in but the free food makes up for it and the staff are always really nice! I donate plasma now which takes longer but can do more frequently

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #1090 on: May 16, 2020, 05:36:32 pm »
Is anyone else planning to watch 'The Great' on Stan? It just came out today. I think old British or American/royal/aristocratic (similar to the movies Little Women and Belle) are my guilty pleasures lol. It could just be that I love those dresses w/ hoop skirts they used to wear ahah

s110820

• QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #1091 on: May 16, 2020, 05:49:31 pm »
+1
Hi jeydanaazli!

I'm planning to watch it too! I can't wait to watch it!
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #1092 on: May 19, 2020, 02:38:00 pm »
+8
- Get to work with an interesting data set for an assignment (microplastics in the Yarra and Maribyrnong over 3 years)
- See interesting patterns and form research questions (change in amounts of particular plastics found after high rainfall)
- Digging a little deeper, the patterns were very likely just from rainfall changing across months while human pollution changed across months too :(

turinturambar

• Forum Obsessive
  • TΪRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #1093 on: May 19, 2020, 10:57:14 pm »
- Get to work with an interesting data set for an assignment (microplastics in the Yarra and Maribyrnong over 3 years)
- See interesting patterns and form research questions (change in amounts of particular plastics found after high rainfall)
- Digging a little deeper, the patterns were very likely just from rainfall changing across months while human pollution changed across months too :(

Do I want to know how bad the consequences of this are? :(
OK, I'll ask because I'm curious, but it sounds like it could be quite different from your research so feel free to ignore:
1. Do you compare at all with other comparable river systems?

2. I assume plastic levels also affect biodiversity? (though so I guess might rainfall?)
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #1094 on: May 20, 2020, 11:02:32 am »
+6
Do I want to know how bad the consequences of this are? :(
OK, I'll ask because I'm curious, but it sounds like it could be quite different from your research so feel free to ignore:
1. Do you compare at all with other comparable river systems?

2. I assume plastic levels also affect biodiversity? (though so I guess might rainfall?)

The :( wasn't really about ecological impacts of rainfall not appearing to have detectable significant effect on plastics, but more so about it not being viable for me to explore what could've been an interesting analysis. It's hard to say whether there not being a clear detectable trend here is because there isn't one or if it's because of limitations in the data (e.g. maybe if there were more trawls per month there would be a discernible pattern). I'm also unsure whether strong correlation between rainfall and plastics  would have a strong effect size on biodiversity or ecosystems services and if so how. If there had been a clear pattern this might have been able to inform understanding of how plastics are entering waterways but it also could suggest greater dispersal of plastic from sites of pollution potentially making management and regulation more difficult.

1. Haven't yet but I'll be looking up literature around this. This also brings in the question of what to search for. E.g. other waterways in Victoria, waterways which face similar pressures, well-monitored waterways...

2. Yeah absolutely. Probably the most classic example of plastic harming wildlife is a sea turtle choking on a plastic bag, but for example, microplastics can have negative impacts on sea turtle brains. From individual impacts this can then change species composition etc. thus influencing bigger scope ideas like biodiversity. Rainfall as you would expect substantially influences ecosystem system functioning but afaik for these waterways that would be trend-based rather than substantial fluctuations for individual weather events.

There's a clear "turning point" in the data when looking at number of pollutants (in the up direction sadly) which I'll be looking at to see if there's data on change in biodiversity indexes which correlate with that; I won't be able to show causation but it'll still be interesting to see how closely tied they are (if that information is available - this will be a literature search).