Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:59 am

Author Topic: UAC/VTAC???  (Read 722 times)

manisha.w

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
UAC/VTAC???
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
yo i need some help with uni decisions

basically i live in nsw but im pretty much set on unimelb so obviously im gonna apply through vtac but idk if its worth applying for uac?? like its $70 extra and im not super keen on going to uni in nsw also im probs gonna have a gap year to save money so i can live in melbourne

so basically i need to know is it worth applying for uac?

amanda.ong2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: UAC/VTAC???
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »
+2
uhhh yeah i guess lol. its honestly probably not that worth it imo but you want to have any options as possible (UAC gives you 5 preferences in NSW). im in your boat im set on monash and am from Sydney, but did UAC anyway since early entries, scholarships, etc. you need it. I know $70 is a lot, its unnecessarily high pricing tbh - I am not very keen on uni in nsw either, but $70 is minimal to the possible opportunities you might get from it. Remember, at the end, you want to have as many preferences as possible - cast your net as wide as you can - that was my thinking. Maybe i might not get monash, and you might not get unimelb, so we all need those possible back-ups in case things don't go our way.

Good luck x

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: UAC/VTAC???
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 10:32:18 pm »
uhhh yeah i guess lol. its honestly probably not that worth it imo but you want to have any options as possible (UAC gives you 5 preferences in NSW). im in your boat im set on monash and am from Sydney, but did UAC anyway since early entries, scholarships, etc. you need it. I know $70 is a lot, its unnecessarily high pricing tbh - I am not very keen on uni in nsw either, but $70 is minimal to the possible opportunities you might get from it. Remember, at the end, you want to have as many preferences as possible - cast your net as wide as you can - that was my thinking. Maybe i might not get monash, and you might not get unimelb, so we all need those possible back-ups in case things don't go our way.

Good luck x

Really love this first post, welcome Amanda! ;D

$70 now for the peace of mind that you've got  a backup plan is probably a really good thing. It's not an insane amount of money ;D but you do you! If you know it is 100% unimelb and if you don't get in there, no uni at all, then fair enough :)