Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:17:32 am

Author Topic: International student... where do I begin?  (Read 832 times)

DoloresDavidson

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
International student... where do I begin?
« on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:08 am »
Hello,
I am a mother of two American-Australian kids who are finishing their high school in the United States (year 12 and 11). Where do I get started figuring out their ATAR so they can attend uni in NSW?
Thanks for your help,
Dolores

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: International student... where do I begin?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:08:00 am »
+5
Hello,
I am a mother of two American-Australian kids who are finishing their high school in the United States (year 12 and 11). Where do I get started figuring out their ATAR so they can attend uni in NSW?
Thanks for your help,
Dolores
Hi Dolores,

Are your children undertaking the IB program at an international school by any chance, or will they have a regular high-school GPA and SAT score?

There are two communication channels that you can go through.

One is UAC - the university admissions centre, which is specifically for New South Wales. Here is their website: https://www.uac.edu.au/about/contact

You could ask them about how the SAT score converts to ATAR, and ask them about how to apply to NSW unis.

Your other option is to contact the universities directly. That is, you could get in touch with the University of Sydney, or the University of New South Wales, or the University of Technology, or wherever your kids want to apply, and ask them how the process works.

Those two avenues should bring you the best information :)

Let us know if you need any further help, good luck to your kids!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️