Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 10:37:44 pm

Author Topic: Question  (Read 3984 times)  Share 

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
Question
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:11:37 pm »
Is it true that if you did a 3/4 in yr 11 or 10 or something, the score is scaled according to the scaling for that subject in your yr 12 year?

OK ... I did methods last yr for example. Say last year methods scaled up 3 but this year it went up by 5 ... would my study score go up by 5 or 3?

ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Question
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:15:11 pm »
It's according to the year you did it.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Question
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:15:46 pm »
scores are scaled in the year that you did them. because well the score and the scaling are decided by comparing them to all the other people and scores in that same year you did it. therefore you have to scale in that same year as well, otherwise well it wouldnt be a fair comparison if you were scaled according to a different group of people and scores. if that made sense whatsoevr

ninwa

Question
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 09:41:37 pm »
Damn. Someone told me it was scaled according to your final year. Which i think would have been better for methods cos this years exams are probably gonna be really hard therefore scaling might be higher. Oh well lol

Ahmad

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • *dreamy sigh*
  • Respect: +15
Question
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:29 pm »
I think it will scale just like last year. Scaling doesn't depend on difficulty of exams, rather it depends on how well the students in the subject perform in comparison to their other subjects. Which for methods, is roughly the same each year.
Mandark: Please, oh please, set me up on a date with that golden-haired angel who graces our undeserving school with her infinite beauty!

The collage of ideas. The music of reason. The poetry of thought. The canvas of logic.

ninwa

Question
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:54:24 am »
Yeah, you're right. Thanks :)

Timtasticle

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Question
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:19 am »
The person that told you that sounds a little confused.

Your study scores gets scaled the year you get your certificate. (ie your final year) as they are done by VTAC; but they are still scaled against the year you did the subject.

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Question
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 03:07:50 pm »
Quote from: "ninwa"
Damn. Someone told me it was scaled according to your final year. Which i think would have been better for methods cos this years exams are probably gonna be really hard therefore scaling might be higher. Oh well lol

That's not comforting to me =[ /hurt
tankAsaurus ;D

cara.mel

Question
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 04:19:13 pm »
Quote from: "tankia"

It's more of a good thing. So you won't effectively be penalised as much for making silly mistakes ^_^
Last year the exam 1s for methods and spesh were both easier than expected, and heaps of people aced them, so they will almost certainly be harder

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Question
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 04:22:29 pm »
Quote from: "cara.mel"

It's more of a good thing. So you won't effectively be penalised as much for making silly mistakes ^_^
Last year the exam 1s for methods and spesh were both easier than expected, and heaps of people aced them, so they will almost certainly be harder

Good point. Speaking of which, which exam is first. Calculator or non calculator?
tankAsaurus ;D

Odette

Question
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »

Good point. Speaking of which, which exam is first. Calculator or non calculator?

Non-calculator comes first :)

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Question
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 04:43:55 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

Non-calculator comes first :)

Oh shit.
tankAsaurus ;D