Administration > Site Discussion

Casual Chat - Cluttering the VCE (and HSC?) Board

(1/2) > >>

TheAspiringDoc:
Hey

I've noticed many new threads on things along the line of "are you double jointed" etc.; I.e., casual forum chat. I'm personally all for it, and appreciate the willingness of members to share their opinions and enhance the forum's fun factor :)
However, I've noticed that these are beginning to clutter the VCE board (from my perspective), and I would personally prefer if such casual chat could be set to only appear under the "show unread posts since list visit" index or perhaps they need a new index?

What do others think of this?

Thanks

Joseph41:
Just to clarify: do you mean that general discussion is seeping too much into the non-general discussion forums? :)

brenden:
I think he's talking specifically about the games?
--- Quote from: Joseph41 on May 15, 2017, 07:40:35 pm ---Just to clarify: do you mean that general discussion is seeping too much into the non-general discussion forums? :)

--- End quote ---

sweetiepi:

--- Quote from: brenden on May 15, 2017, 08:07:17 pm ---I think he's talking specifically about the games?

--- End quote ---
I did just bump a ton of games. Definitely my fault if so ahaha. :)
#oops

Aaron:
Or 'clutter' in terms of the recent posts section? Cos i'm looking at it right now and have to agree (in that regard). Similar story with the 'show unread VCE posts' part.

There's a place for these sorts of threads, but the dominance at the moment pretty much gives zero highlight to genuine academic-related content.

Edit: Speaking of the 'show unread VCE posts' section - why are uni threads being shown there (e.g. UoM General Chat)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version