Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:59 pm

Author Topic: Being Kinder  (Read 3465 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: Being Kinder
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 09:28:02 pm »
+9
Wow! It's been a while, but since school went back, I've had plenty of opportunities to be a little kinder.

Act 11
I brought my friend some chocolates, mochi (because she loves Japan) and positive quotes to hide in her locker on the first day of school! She enjoyed them. ;D

Act 12
Similarly, I saw some very cute free postcards of plants, and I got a set for my outdoorsy, slightly hippy and plant loving friend. She loved them!

Act 13
To make the long, hot and slightly headache-inducing day that is the swimming carnival better, I bought one of my little friends a packet of her favourite flavour of gum and slipped it in her bag. The poor juniors have the worst seats of the entire carnival, literally less than a metre from the pool with barely enough space.

Act 14
This is something that brings me a lot of joy too, so it feels silly to list it here, but there's a lady who catches the same bus as me and lives in my area who has an intellectual disability. She loves a chat and whenever I see her around, I always stop to say hello and hear about her day! She gets up to some funny adventures and seems to know everything about everyone! She knew my family had a second car before I did, because she saw it sitting in the driveway the day my parents bought it.

Act 15
There was a very lost lady sitting at Eltham station, and I looked up her trains for her to help direct her to Southern Cross so that she could catch a V-Line. She was very appreciative.

Act 16
I made origami hearts and cute valentine puns to give out at school, with personalised messages about why I appreciate people!

Act 17
I was making some chocolate vegan coconut and almond balls, and remembered that there's a vegan girl in my class that often gets left out when people bring in treats to share! I packaged her up a jar! ;D