Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:28:46 am

Author Topic: GAT 2020 - how is everybody feeling at the moment?  (Read 5994 times)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: GAT 2020 - how is everybody feeling at the moment?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2020, 11:21:41 am »
I thought 2016 (when I was in year 11) was Shannon Noll should've won Australian idol & 2017 (when I was in year 12) was Club Penguin's death
Yep, just checked and cat in the hat was 2015 when I did my first 3/4 subject lol - my bad.

brothanathan

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2020, 11:40:21 am »
+1
I don't think any offical comment has been made yet. However, James Merlino has hinted that there will be some changes to VCE announced in the upcoming days - perhaps similar to what they did for the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires.

Reference to this

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2020, 11:47:28 am »
+2
I don't think any offical comment has been made yet. However, James Merlino has hinted that there will be some changes to VCE announced in the upcoming days - perhaps similar to what they did for the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires.
Reference to this
hmm I don't like the idea of VCAA putting too much emphasis on the GAT. imo it doesn't test the same things that vce intends to test. As suggested on the other GAT thread you can't really do any significant study or prep for it.

What do current students think about the GAT being more significant this year?

TigerMum

• Trendsetter
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 11:57:36 am »
+1

Only doing one 3/4 subject this year, so take my opinion as you wish, I'm strongly against the GAT being more significant this year. As you said, it doesn't really assess what the VCE assesses. I also don't understand why someone's humanities and arts results should matter at all if you don't study any of these subjects in VCE, same thing with the maths component.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2020, 11:59:56 am »
I hope this doesn't happen. I absolutely suck at the GAT according to the scores I got last year, and it will definitely ruin my study scores if they decide to use it. :'( I honestly don't like the GAT at all and I definitely agree with you that it doesn't really test what the VCE is supposed to test. I don't think it makes sense for them to make the GAT count towards our study scores in any way, shape or form unless someone is away for their exams (the standard contribution of the GAT to study scores). There should be other solutions during the COVID crisis in the unfortunate circumstance that exams cannot be run properly or there are issues with SAC moderation due to different schools running it differently, instead of using the GAT as any sort of substitute.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2020, 12:10:02 pm »
I hope this doesn't happen. I absolutely suck at the GAT according to the scores I got last year, and it will definitely ruin my study scores if they decide to use it. :'( I honestly don't like the GAT at all and I definitely agree with you that it doesn't really test what the VCE is supposed to test. I don't think it makes sense for them to make the GAT count towards our study scores in any way, shape or form unless someone is away for their exams (the standard contribution of the GAT to study scores). There should be other solutions during the COVID crisis in the unfortunate circumstance that exams cannot be run properly or there are issues with SAC moderation due to different schools running it differently, instead of using the GAT as any sort of substitute.
What kind of different solutions would they use? The GAT, at any rate, does have precedent. Personally I don't think exams will be able to be done normally, whatever they do end up doing. But I could be wrong.
Best solution, don't read if offended by religion :)
Jesus returns and we don't need to do the GAT or worry about any of this :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:11:54 pm by The Cat In The Hat »
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.