Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:55 pm

Author Topic: Journey to something????  (Read 19392 times)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Re: Journey to something????
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 05:27:14 pm »
+2
(Deleted psych rage)

English
Going surprisingly okay. We've started to de-constuct essay topics and also are beginning to write practice paragraphs/essays. I found myself ACTUALLY DOING WORK FOR ENGLISH (yeah crazy I know) which I am really happy with. As I write and spend more one on one time with the teacher I am starting to understand the 'deeper meanings' of the book and the 'framework' needed for the essays to write on this book. Sac is coming up in two weeks though, which I am for sure nervous for.

Economics
I feel like we went waaaay too quick through the topic of full employment but once I completed the previous years' practice sac I realise there isn't really that much to know. Sac is on Thursday and i'm feeling moderately confident seeing as i've already completed 3/4 practice sacs given to us.

Psychology
Boy I don't even want to think about this subject right now. Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeemly mad at my teacher.

Methods
I mean sac was finished last term so it's pretty chill for now.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - 23/25. Holy fucking shit I was hoping for around a 22-23/25 but I'm fuming right now as i'm suffering due to my teacher's mistakes
Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45. Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - IT'S FUCKING OVER BOIIIIIS. Chuck us a 27/50 and my year will be made.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:55:47 pm by NomotivationF »
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 08:44:15 pm »
+3
Did my eco sac today, I studied super hard for it and I think it may have payed off. Only thing I'm worried about is that i'm pretty sure I misinterpreted the last question, which was 5 marks so I guess we'll see how that goes
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 06:08:47 pm »
+2
Well i've procrastinated all weekend instead of doing a practice essay for english so I figured i'd just write a post year to further avoid doing any work.

English
The single text response sac for Persepolis is slowly but surely creeping up, and the date has been confirmed to be next Wednesday. That's pretty fucking quick. I'm glad that I've at-least done two body paragraphs and an intro as practice, however the feedback I got on the practice was horrific and the entire page was scribbled with how I could improve my writing. Usually I know that this is actually a positive and it gives me a way to actually improve my writing, but for some reason this is just extremely demotivating me to redraft/write more on the book.

Economics
Results for the most recent sac aren't out yet but when I asked my teacher to give me the general 'gist' of how I went he didn't seem too positive, so I'm not expecting too good of a result at this point. Apart from that, we're now moving on to what has been dubbed my past Eco students and my teacher the 'hardest topic,' which I'm actually looking forward to since the concepts that have been thrown at us so far have been pretty straight forward.

Psychology
Studying the Atkinson-Shifirin model of memory at the moment and I'm actually finding it quite interesting. I've gone ahead a bit in our workbook in hopes my teacher give's me some extra work but I've come to learn that's not really how it works so I've decided to start doing some questions from the checkpoints 2019 book which seem to be extremely useful.

Methods
We've started circular functions, the on topic that I completely missed last year (got 19% on the test.......). Surprisingly though, my teacher has actually been very accommodating to me and stuff is actually starting to make sense which i'm happy about.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Sac 4 (Single text response) - 15th of May. Honestly, I'll be happy if I score 25/30 on this one, which will give me a 90/100 for unit 3
Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - 23/25. Holy fucking shit I was hoping for around a 22-23/25 but I'm fuming right now as i'm suffering due to my teacher's mistakes
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 22nd of May. Aiming to score 22-23/25 so I can end with around 93/100 for unit 3.
Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45 --> 37.77/40 . Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 3 (Low inflation + full employment) - Since I think I fucked it up, ill be happy with 30/35.
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - IT'S FUCKING OVER BOIIIIIS. Chuck us a 27/50 and my year will be made.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Seamus Wong

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 08:05:35 pm »
+2

Economics
Results for the most recent sac aren't out yet but when I asked my teacher to give me the general 'gist' of how I went he didn't seem too positive, so I'm not expecting too good of a result at this point. Apart from that, we're now moving on to what has been dubbed my past Eco students and my teacher the 'hardest topic,' which I'm actually looking forward to since the concepts that have been thrown at us so far have been pretty straight forward.

Yeah AOS 3 for eco is a lot more 'difficult' to understand than what we've done so far, which has been really easy. I think its probably the reason why a lot of people don't score very high in the subject - because unless you've got a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the global macro economy and finance, then a lot of the concepts are little difficult to understand at first, e.g. how a relatively high interest rates domestically lead to an increased AUD / how the balance of payments is structured and the relationship between the CAD and NFD, etc. That's good though, because that will really help in separating the cohort.
I guess we're on the same boat regarding your last sac - I fucked mine up a bit - not due to a lack of understanding, but because I failed to answer what the questions asked.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:07:47 pm by Seamus Wong »

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 08:10:56 pm »
+1
Yeah AOS 3 for eco is a lot more 'difficult' to understand than what we've done so far, which has been really easy. I think its probably the reason why a lot of people don't score very high in the subject - because unless you've got a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the global macro economy and finance, then a lot of the concepts are little difficult to understand at first, e.g. how a relatively high interest rates domestically lead to an increased AUD / how the balance of payments is structured and the relationship between the CAD and NFD, etc. That's good though, because that will really help in distinguishing the cohort.
Yeah I think you're right on the fact that it will distinguish the cohort. My cohort is very grouped up around the 90's area and I hope the upcoming SAC will change this (for the better).

I guess we're on the same boat regarding your last sac - I fucked mine up a bit - not due to a lack of understanding, but because I failed to answer what the questions asked.

Yep I did exactly the same thing. I knew all the content on the sac but I just misinterpreted the last question and wrote out something that was most likely completely irrelevant to the question. I think it might've been the increasing pressure i've been putting on myself for Eco. Oh well, you live you learn  :-\
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2019, 09:01:28 pm »
+7
General
Wooooooo time for a new post!!! Did you miss me?
This term is getting extremely heated. There's a sac (or two) literally every week until the end of the term, so the grind is really starting.

English
Text response sac this Wednesday!!!! I'm extremely annoyed with my teacher since I've submitted two full practice essays to her (one on Tuesday and the other on Wednesday, and the only feedback she's given me is for an intro and one body paragraph. This is especially annoying since she has marked some of my friends' work but somehow missed mine????????? This just frustrates me since the sac is literally on Wednesday and I'll probably only get my feedback the day before the sac, if i get it at all. However, since I've done decently well in English up till now (for me), I can afford to lose 4 marks and still maintain a 90% average, which was my goal for Unit 3.

Economics
I got my previous sac back and I'm so stoked!!!!! I genuinely thought I fucked up the last question, and turns out I still got 3.5/5 marks for it even though I didn't think I addressed the question. And no I'm not one of those people that comes out of a sac saying they failed but when they get it back they've aced it (or at least i'd like to think so). Anyways yeah I ended up with 32.5/35 --> 13.9/15 (VCAA). Unit 3 AOS 3 is honestly INSANELY HARD!!!! I've genuinely never struggled this much in Eco, and I really think this will be the sac that will split the higher ranks of the cohort.

Psychology
So for some reason we're doing an EPI and learning the content for the next sac at the same time. Basically each lesson is split between EPI and learning content for new sac. Also the sac that we are learning content for is in two weeks, and the in class questions for the EPI is only two weeks after that. Also something that frustrates me is that unlike other science subjects, at our school, we have to perform our EPI as a class (still marked separately). This just seems to be slowing me down as I feel I could work waaaaaaay quicker if I did it individually, but I guess I'll just have to learn how to work as a large group.

Methods
Holy shit. 36/50 on the sac for the entirety of unit 3. I'm literally on top of the world, I scored a whole lot higher than those who are significantly better than me at methods, and I'm now sitting around the middle of the cohort for rankings. This result was waaaaaaaay higher than the 25/50 I was hoping for so I could not be happier. Apart from that though, we've started circular functions, the topic I fully missed last year, scoring an impressive 11% on the test for it. I've already shown great improvement from last year though, but the improvement is so insignificant that i'm still behind my class in terms of knowledge from 1/2 methods. Oh well.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 2a (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 2b (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Sac 3 (Single text response) - 15th of May. Honestly, I'll be happy if I score 25/30 on this one, which will give me a 90/100 for unit 3
Psych
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 22nd of May. Aiming to score 22-23/25 so I can end with around 93/100 for unit 3.
Sac 4 (EPI) - 5th of June. Aiming to score at least 28/30.
Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45 --> 37.77/40 . Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2a (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 2b (Low inflation + full employment) - 32.5/35 -->13.9/15. Extremely fucking happy. Thought I screwed up but I didn't so yaaaaaaaay
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 29th May. It's a hard sac, but i'm still hoping for ~27/30
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 01:26:51 pm »
+1
am liking this journal <3 congrats on the methods SAC ma dude
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 04:45:09 pm »
+1
Yeah, that's a great result for Methods! Awesome work.

Really like the SAC score log, too. I'd like to have something like that to be able to refer back to!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:25 pm »
+1
This term is getting extremely heated. There's a sac (or two) literally every week until the end of the term, so the grind is really starting.

In exactly the same boat. How did the English sac go today? Did your teacher end up marking your work?

And no I'm not one of those people that comes out of a sac saying they failed but when they get it back they've aced it (or at least i'd like to think so).

Lol these people are sooo annoying. They know they did well, but when you ask them before the test/sac they are freaking out next level and in the end they did ridiculously well which we all knew.  But congrats on your result!! Glad your effort paid off!!

What's EPI?? I did Psych but never heard of it. And true true. You seem to say so many super relatable things haha working in a group is just too much. Totally because every single one of my group work experiences sucked lol. Finally BRILLIANT JOB ON METHODS mate!!

Keep it up and you're set for this year! Looking forward for more!

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:00 pm »
+1
am liking this journal <3 congrats on the methods SAC ma dude
Thank you so much :), makes me happy that people are liking my journal.

Yeah, that's a great result for Methods! Awesome work.

Really like the SAC score log, too. I'd like to have something like that to be able to refer back to!
Yeah I always wanted to refer back to my sac scores towards the end of last year to see how I did on each sac and what components I struggled with, so I hope it'll be useful.

In exactly the same boat. How did the English sac go today? Did your teacher end up marking your work?
My teacher actually did end up marking my work, and even though she only got it back to me the day before the sac she made time for me and I got to have a 30 minute one on one meeting which was veryyyy useful. Also the sac went pretty great!! I was quite confident going into it as this was one of the first times I actually was well prepared for a text response essay, and I think I killed it.

Lol these people are sooo annoying. They know they did well, but when you ask them before the test/sac they are freaking out next level and in the end they did ridiculously well which we all knew.  But congrats on your result!! Glad your effort paid off!!

What's EPI?? I did Psych but never heard of it. And true true. You seem to say so many super relatable things haha working in a group is just too much. Totally because every single one of my group work experiences sucked lol. Finally BRILLIANT JOB ON METHODS mate!!

Keep it up and you're set for this year! Looking forward for more!

Ahahah yeah it can be pretty annoying, but I have to admit that sometimes I can be that person.

An EPI is an extended practical investigation, which is basically just an experiment that we have to write an in class report on. The thing that specifically annoys me is that literally every other EPI I have done in every other science has been solo, or in pairs, but for some reason in a 3/4 they make the ENTIRE CLASS do it together.

(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 08:39:27 pm »
+4
General
Heyooo!!! Hope the week's going good for you guys. I figured I'd just make a short and sweet post right now before I really get onto the grind, since I may not post for a while.

English
Persepolis is gone 🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly though, I think the sac went really well. Both the topics offered were really good, but ultimately I chose the one that turned out to be the popular one. This was one of the first times I've put work into studying for an English outcome, and I think I was successfully able to bend the evidence/quotes I memorised to fit the topic. Going into it I would've been happy with a 25/30, but now I think I may have scored in the 27-29 range. Tomorrow we will be starting to work in class for out orals , which I am not excited for at all. We only have two more weeks to research, write and practice our orals before we speak to the class and I haven't even begun to think about the topic I'm gonna be speaking about, even though they were released prior to the holidays. There seems to be quite a range of topics but I'm not really sure what topic to pick, and what I would even contend.
Here are the topics if anyone would like to give opinions/ideas;
Spoiler
The ‘gig’ economy – how casual is too casual?
•   What is exploitative work? Do the ends justify the means?
•   Do workers have a right to consistent and valuable employment?
•   Does the 40-hour week still exist?
•   What exactly is the 21st Century work place and is it better than what it has replaced?

Earth, wind and fire (and flood and drought) – the climate of change
•   Who takes responsibility when politicians won’t?
•   The science is in – what now?
•   If the time for intervention has passed, how do we best adapt to the inevitable consequences?
•   Beyond speaking up, what more can the young do? What more can you do?
•   When there’s nothing left to recycle, where do we go from there?
•   When the last Truffula tree has been chopped down. . .

Art vs the artist – can we separate the two? Should we?
•   Where are the limitations of accountability?
•   Should we separate the art from the artist?
•   Just because the creator or inventor strays morally, should their work be ignored or dismissed?
•   If we hold artists accountable for their actions must we hold all fields accountable?
•   Do private failings lessen a person’s public contribution?
•   Are some creative endeavours more valuable to society than others? If the creator acts immorally outside of their work, should the work, and thus society, suffer for its absence?

I am, you are… who is Australian? – What does it mean to be Australian today?
•   Who is ‘the Australian’? How should we celebrate ourselves as a nation?
•   Who determines national identity parameters?
•   Is there still a place for nationalism in Australia today?
•   Do we need a single national identity? Or do we need to reconcile the ones we have?
•   How should our Federal Parliament achieve diversity that represents modern Australia?

Australia, do we have a man problem?
•   To achieve true social change, who should speak loudest? Whose voice needs to be heard?
•   Gender equality and violence against women – what role does the media play in reporting different communities?
•   Does domestic violence against women start with Australian men?
•   Why are women overrepresented in statistics of violence and discrimination, yet underrepresented in statistical success in the professional world?
•   Does Australia have a culture of toxic masculinity?
•   Does industry have a role to play in setting social standards? Or is it a blatant marketing tool that happens to be ‘on trend’?
•   Is Australia still a boys’ club?

Hate Speech or Free Speech? The power of speech? The responsibility of speech?
•   Is there a line and who draws it? How loud is too loud?
•   Do appeals to nationalism still have a place in the global world? Say what???
•   Who is responsible for hate speech generated in Australia and around the world?
Is the ‘antisocial’ media platform to blame? Is reporting amplifying?

Economics
The further we go the harder it gets. I said it before but I'm genuinely going to have to put a lot of effort into studying for this sac. We've only gone through 3 out of the 5 'easy' dot points for this sac and there's only two more weeks to go till the sac. This one's really gonna be a grind.

Psychology
Today we finally finished the content for next week's sac, and my god I'm going to have to do an insane amount of revision in a small period of time if I even want to think about doing well on this sac. However, this content is by far the most interesting thing we've studied this year (how memory is encoded, stored and retrieved + neurodegenaritive diseases such as Alzheimer's)  so it'll probably be a lot easier to revise for something that I find interesting. The EPI on the other hand is an absolute nightmare. Even though we've finally gotten everything set up for the experiment I feel like I'm going to be very under prepared for the sac (because apparently there's no way we can prepare for it????). I'm sure i'll figure it out, if I'm feeling this way I'm sure others are too.

Methods
Welp I thought for once in my life I was starting to understand what the fuck was going on in methods but I was veeeeeeryyyy wrong. I did go for a trial tutoring session though and it helped quite a lot, so I'm gonna be getting tutored every fortnight from now on. I think it'll be beneficial but I kinda feel like it's a waste of money since methods is guaranteed to be in my bottom two and i'm not exactly planning to more much more effort into it. I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 2a (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 2b (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Sac 3 (Single text response) - It's over!!!! I was going for a 25/30 but I reckon I may have scored in the 27-29 range. Will be happy either way.
Psych
Sac 4 (EPI) - 5th of June. Aiming to score at least 28/30.
Eco
Sac 2a (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40 --> 13.5/15. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Sac 2b (Low inflation + full employment) - 32.5/35 -->13.9/15. Extremely fucking happy. Thought I screwed up but I didn't so yaaaaaaaay
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 29th May. It's a hard sac, but i'm still hoping for ~27/30
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!

Till next time ✌️
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:45:13 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 08:01:45 pm »
+4
General
My god it has been a whiilllllllleeeee and things still haven't really cooled down. But in these few moments of calm I've decided to make another post.
So a lot has happened; I moved houses last weekend, the power was out at the new house for two days and I apparently have no wi-fi at the new house for approximately a month, so I've been working off my phone's data. On Thursday night I had to give a speech at a premiership dinner (I was suuuuuper nervous.) And on Friday, (at school) I took part in a bike ride for charity. All this, during some of the busiest weeks of the year. Okay so;

English
I decided to write my Oral presentation on 'The power of speech,' and how hate speech leads to the systematic exclusion of 'the other.' I literally just finished writing the speech around 15 minutes ago, and I'm pretty sure i'm presenting on Monday, so I should get onto practising. I did an insaaaaaaaaaane amount of research around this topic (maybe a bit too much,) but I thoroughly enjoyed reading through some philosophical articles regarding free speech and 'the social contract,' and I found myself to just keep digging deeper and deeper. It was fun researching, but I'm glad I could finally bring myself to actually begin and finish writing a speech instead of winging it.

Economics
Finally finished going though all the content for Unit 3 AOS 3 (dubbed the hardest AOS in Economics), and after all the information comes together the topic doesn't seem toooooo bad. However, the sac is on Friday and we don't exactly have much time to prepare for the Sac considering the large amount of content we need to know in detail. This is definitely going to be the sac that differentiates the top end of the cohort and creates a gap between the top few ranks, so I really need to smash this one.

Psychology
Phew!!!!! I finished the last Sac for Unit 3 on Wednesday, and considering I hardly got any time to study (since I was moving) I think it went as well as it could've possibly gone. I think I may have even gotten 24/25, which I will be absolutely stoked with! On the other hand, we just finished filling out our logbook for the EPI, and are now preparing to write out the poster next Monday, so it's going to be a busy weekend. TBH, this is the sac that i'm most nervous for, because there really isn't any way to prepare for this sac, apart from understanding the key skills needed to write a practical report. I just hope I can score well on this sac so I can maintain a ranking in the top end of the cohort.

Methods
Ch 5 & 6 test is on Monday. I'll be surprised if I even get 30% on this test considering I have absolutely no fucking idea what i'm doing. It's only a test though so...........

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 3 (Single text response) - It's over!!!! I was going for a 25/30 but I reckon I may have scored in the 27-29 range. Will be happy either way.
Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - Finished writing speech. Looks pretty good. Hoping for 25+/30 on speech and 8+/10 on statement of intention
Psych
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - Doooneeee. Did as much revision as I could. Think I could've scored in the 23-24/25 range, which is what I was hoping for.
Sac 4 (EPI) - 5th of June. Getting more and more nervous for this one, but I'm aiming to score at least 28/30.
Eco
Methods

Till next time ✌️
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:04:39 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 07:51:53 am »
+1
Hey!! How did your English oral go? I definitely know the feeling of wayyy too much research haha I always do that for everything, any ideas and plans I have, or for assignments.

Hope your psych marks are as hoped and your Eco sac on Friday goes well (I'll be having part 8473 of my methods sac lol).

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 07:02:46 pm »
+3
General
We're back. The back to back sacs are over and I only got one more sac back for the rest of the term, which is methods......................... Anyway's lets get into it.

English
I think the oral went reaaalllly well. I only stuttered once, which is quite good for me. The entire time I was speaking my English teacher was making eye contact, smiling and nodding, which made me quite confident in what I was saying as she wasn't doing that for other people. The statement of intention seemed to go okay, and I think it's going to get marked leniently across the cohort so it should be good. Honestly, I'm just glad that it's over; it went better than I could ever hope for. Next books we're studying are the longest memory and black diggers, haven't actually read them yet though, so I should probably get onto that.

Economics
Wheeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww Unit 3 is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I ended up doing a shit ton of revision for this sac and I think I ended up finishing around 8-9 practice sacs. I'm pretty confident with all my answers on the sac, so I think i'd be close to acing it.

Psychology
Holy shiiiiit. I got 34 out of 35 for the final unit 3 sac, which translates to 24.2/25, giving me an end score of 94/100 for unit 3. I'm super stocked even though the mark I lost was kinda bs, but my goal was 24 and that's what I got, so i'm happy. I also completed the first Unit 4 sac today (the EPI), which seemed to have gone well, but it's honestly hard to tell.

Methods
I got 14/31 on the test without knowing the unit circle or how circular functions actually work, soooo pretty happy tbh. Next sac is end of the term so I have a while to study..... if I can be motivated to.

Score
Spoiler
English
Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - Went better than expected, now hoping for 28+/30 on speech and 8+/10 on statement of intention.
Psych
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 34/35 --> 24.2/25. So fucking happy, the ward work paid off.
Unit 3 - 94/100
Sac 4 (EPI) - 5th of June. Getting more and more nervous for this one, but I'm aiming to score at least 28/30.
Eco
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - went pretty well, think I could've scored 28+/30
Methods

Don't have much going on for the rest of the term, so next update will probably be at the end of the term. Peace ✌️✌️✌️
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 07:03:35 pm »
+6
General
It's been a while but life's been going pretty good. Not to flex but I starting dating someone so that's pretty goooooooooooood. Apart from that though, two more days till holidays!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah. Gonna take advantage of it because this is probably going to be the last school holidays where i'm not studying 24/7.

English
So I got my oral results back and I'm quite happy. 28/30 for the speech, and 9/10 for the statement of intention. Compared to what most of the cohort was expecting, the oral was marked quite harshly. Very happy with this mark, allows me to drop 7 marks on the final comparative sac to hit my goal of a 90% average for Unit 4. I also got my mark for Persepolis back, and I ended up getting 27/30, which I was very pleased with, putting me at 92/100 for Unit 3 English. We finally started on black diggers and the longest memory and although I haven't read the books yet, there seems to be a quite a lot of overlap in themes with these books and Persepolis.

Economics
27.5/30 on the final sac of Unit 3, which puts me at 92.67 for Unit 3, which will probably get scaled to 93/100. Initially I was really pissed off with my mark because I lost marks on questions that I had done in practice sacs and got 100% for, but was marked down for putting the same response in the cross marking. However, each sac was marked this way to it evened out and it tuns out I got the 2nd highest score in the cohort (highest was 28/30), so I was quite happy. We've started going through the monetary policy in Unit 4 and a lot of the content from Unit 3 seems to be presumed knowledge, and knowing this well makes the new content a lot easier to learn. Genuinely looking forward to learning more about the monetary and budgetary policies as they have a lot of real world application.

Psychology
Got 28/30 on the EPI. Although this was my goal, I was not happy at all because I dropped two marks for something that my teacher told me was irrelevant. This brings me down from rank 2 --> rank 4 in psych as all the top ranks I have talked to has aced this sac. I'm mad at my teacher because this is the second time this has happened, but I know that I cannot keep blaming her and I need to start taking responsibility. Besides that, we're doing Unit 4 AOS 2 which is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemllyy boring. I've found all of psych quite interesting so far, but aos2 is putting me to sleep.

Methods
Completed 2/3 sessions for Sac two for methods. Have been running out of times as the sacs are very time constraining, but everyone is in the same boat as me. Aiming for a score above 50%, but I think I can hit 60%.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 3 (Single text response) - 27/30. Very happy, hard work paid off.
Unit 3 - 92/100

Sac 4 (Oral + Statement of Intention) - 28/30, 9/10. Very happy, felt like I deserved both scores.

Psych
Sac 3 (Learning and memory)  - 34/35 --> 24.2/25. So fucking happy, the ward work paid off.
Unit 3 - 94/100

Sac 4 (EPI) - 28/30. Not happy, ranking has been pulled down from 2 --> 4.

Eco
Sac 3 (Australia and the world economy) - 27.5/30. Very happy, hard work paid off, 2nd highest score in cohort by a mile
Unit 3 - 92-93/100

Methods
Sac 1 (50% total coursework) - 36/50. Well I greatly exceeded my expectations, so nothing to complain about. On top of the world!!!!!
Sac 2 (25% total coursework) - Going okay currently, going for a 50% but reckon I can hit 60%

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:05:58 pm by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5