Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:38:38 am

Author Topic: Romanticism Related Texts?  (Read 3615 times)  Share 

felicity_bry

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Romanticism Related Texts?
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:57:38 am »
Hello!

Our teacher has just asked us to start looking for related texts these holidays, and i'm really stuck atm. Are there any texts you would recommend doing? Our prescribed texts are Frankenstein, Coleridge's poems and Bright Star. Thank you in advanced! (...or should I say extension hEHEHEH)

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Romanticism Related Texts?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:35:40 pm »
+1
Hello!

Our teacher has just asked us to start looking for related texts these holidays, and i'm really stuck atm. Are there any texts you would recommend doing? Our prescribed texts are Frankenstein, Coleridge's poems and Bright Star. Thank you in advanced! (...or should I say extension hEHEHEH)
Hey there,
I'm not doing Extension English but I've seen the poet John Keats being thrown around as a great related text for Romanticism

If you're doing Romanticism for Ext 1, I would highly recommend Keats AND NOT WEIR. This way, you can use Keats as an ORT in both Extension 1 and Advanced. I have been told by many Ext 1 Markers that Dead Poets is a big no no as an ORT for extension, mainly as it is written outside of the period. A fantastic text, one of my favourite movies, but perhaps not the best for the HSC
I always tried to look for where my ORTs could overlap. Keep in mind that your discovery ORT could also work as your Module C text

A few poems I saw were 'On First Looking Into Chapman's Homer' and 'Ode to a Nightingale.' Considering how, according to Emily (our English lecturer), Ode to a Nightingale was recently a related text, there would be heaps of stuff on that! Plus, one of the AN members posted their analysis of the poem:

EDIT: Here it is for your enjoyment :D - OTAN Analysis (note 2 images in post)

Other than that, have a scroll through the Extension 1- Romanticism thread because there are related texts tossed here and there.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW